1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC 2 barrel POI QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by st8shuter, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

I have a ljutic mono t two barrel set, one barrel is a tightly choked handicap the other apparently a singles barrel, the cap barrel rib is tighter to the barrel with more down pitch than that of the sgl barrel. i believe it is intended to shoot higher for cap distances. if the sgl barrel is at my optimum is my cap barrel bang on too?

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Nobody on here can answer that. Head for the pattern board.

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have a Ljutic 2 bbl set also. one barrel is for 16s, the other for handicap. (1967, 1xx) I have not shot any paper with either barrel but as far as I'm concerned, they both have the same POI. Larry Evans

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

In my two barrel set the HC barrel shoots about 6" higher than the singles barrel. The rib on the HC barrel is right on the barrel at the muzzle. The rib on the singles barrel is about 1/4 inch above the barrel at the muzzle. They are both choked tight.

Jim brown

5. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

Jim,

The Ljutic (#119), I recently bought is similar to yours.

The rib on the Cap barrel is right on the barrel at the muzzle. The rib on the singles barrel is about 1/4 inch above the barrel at the muzzle. However, it is not choked as tight as the Cap barrel and it has a jug choke.

When I spoke with Nadine, she got the files on the gun and described it with 2 barrels and 1 with a "jug choke" for 16 and the other as full choke and for Caps. The gun was ordered by someone in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Bruce Elliott

6. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

If my math is right 1/4" rise at the muzzle should move the point of impact up 7 1/2" at 30 yards of course there can be other variables at work. That squares with my observations of my two barrel set.

jim brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.