1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LIVINGSTON GUN CLUB - information request

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ontariogal, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I am looking to speak with any members of this club who will share information on how the Management of their club was FINALLY caught and charged for theft of the members' funds.

Please email or PM me - your knowledge may greatly assist others.

many thanks,

Barbara Sheldon
  2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    I googled and found this....

The Livingston County prosecutor’s office has issued charges against the former treasurer for the Livingston Gun Club for allegedly embezzling more than $50,000 from the organization.

District Court records show Melvin Roy Campbell, 52, and his wife, Gerlinda Campbell, 57, both of Westport, Ind., are charged with embezzling more than $50,000 but less than $100,000 from the gun club.

They are expected to appear Nov. 12 for an arraignment, according to court records.

Sheriff Bob Bezotte said the couple is alleged to have stolen the money between 2004 and 2007. The Sheriff's Department initially mistakenly identified the gun club as Howell Gun Club.

The sheriff said the investigation revealed the couple embezzled around $100,000, but due to statute of limitations could only seek charges on a portion of the stolen money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.