1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Living in a Deed Restricted Community

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Do you live in a deed restricted community ? Do you have a POA or a HOA? Is it working well? We currently live in a hornets' nest. The community is divided along two lines (golfers vs non-golfers). Can't stand to look at the community newspaper anymore. Makes Trapshooters look like a bunch of pussy cats (just joking)- In my honest opinion, stay away from these type of communities they make condo associations look tame. Will be bailing out of there real soon.

Phil Berkowitz

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Check with your local authorities (county, township, etc.).

I lived in a neighborhood that had deed restrictions - my house was on a street that would get the occasional NASCAR runner. My son was very young and I wanted to fence the front yard as a safety precaution. Deed restriction said NO fences anywhere on the property.

I went to the twnshp. and they said "we do NOT enforce deed restrictions. If a neighbor chooses to sue, you will have to defend, but we will not do it."

The magic was that almost every house had a fence in the BACK yard, so I got all the permits (cost more than the fence) and put it in.

People screamed at the twnshp. but nothing ever happened - you cannot selectively enforce a deed restriction...

On another note, It is my observation that GOLFERS (not golfers) as a group are some of the most obnoxious, self centered people I have ever dealt with (apologies to Tiger, and yes, worse than skeet shooters) - don't know why, and I've some great friends who golf, but every time I meet a truly great A.H. he turns out to be a GOLFER - go figure...

Uh, Phil - are you a golfer??? If so, sorry, no disrespect meant - it's an observation, not an opinion.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

HLDS-after I was directed to leave a "restricted" course when I was a teenager, I never touched a golf club again. ( I was a 4 handiap ) at the time.

Phil Berkowiz

4. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

Thanks God I live in the real world. And you all wonder why the world is like what it is when you live and support a community like that. Even beign there helps strenghten the mindset that communities like that are right. My advice go buy a farm in the real world raise your children away from that madness. And teach them about God and honesty, which you will not find in that area.

5. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

Amen to 50calshooter!!

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

50cal....got any more good deals on primers......HAHA

Thou shalt not.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.