1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Living a Life of Luxury.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

How would you like to live a life of luxury without spending a dime out of your own pocket? You can fly anywhere in the world on a private jet, have staff waiting on you hand and foot and even have your mother-in-law live with you for free.

This past weekend, I did a piece on Obama’s recent Hawaii vacation costing US taxpayers over $7 million. I thought and still do believe, that this is outrageous. They used Air Force One for their PRIVATE vacation at a cost of $180,000 per hour and it’s an 18 hour round trip. Barack Obama made the trip twice, so just the cost of two round trips on Air Force One rang up to a grand total of $6.48 million.

However, if the cost of the one family vacation upsets you like it did me, wait till you see the grand total cost to taxpayers for a whole year of supporting the First Family in White House.

Robert Keith Gray just wrote Presidential Perks Gone Royal: Your Taxes Are Being Used For Obama’s Re-election. According to the description of the book found on Amazon.com, Gray reveals how the cost of maintaining the First Family has gone completely out of control costing taxpayers $1.4 billion per year:

“From the sublime to the ridiculous to the truly obscene, the various perks and privileges bestowed on our Chief Executive, our self-proclaimed man of the people, include the extravagant foolishness of having twenty-six cabin crewmembers on Air Force One, along with FIVE (5) chefs! In the White House theatre, two projectionists sleep in order to remain on duty at all times, should a First Family member or guest fancy a film. A dog walker is also always on hand. One was reported to be paid $102,000 a year to walk and pick up after the first-family’s canine. On at least one airline trip in the presidential fleet, the only passengers aboard were the First Canine and his handler. In 2009, the military payroll at Camp David was $8,000,000. And these men and women were not there as replacements for the Secret Service to protect the President, but rather to serve the First Family and its guests.”

“On the political front, we learn that in the first months of his presidency President Obama appointed 43 high-priced czars, a number far greater than any previous president, and not one of these professionals voted to office by taxpayers or subject to the approval of any other governmental body or official. During his current term he has also appointed 469 professionals who could be called, assistant presidents. 226 of them are paid over $100,000 a year and 77 of them paid as much as $172,000 a year.”

“The British spent $57.8 Million on its royal family last year. We Americans spent nearly $2 Billion on housing, transporting, entertaining, staffing, our First Family and paying a hefty portion of the president’s campaign expenses.”
    Now consider the fact that some Democrats in Congress want to give Obama an unlimited debt ceiling and the power to bypass Congress when it comes to spending. Who in their right mind would trust anyone who is that out of control with other people’s money, enough to give them a limitless blank check?

As a natural born US citizen and taxpayer, I find Obama’s careless spending and luxurious lifestyle to be offensive and insensitive to the American people. I agree with Gray that there is no way Obama can relate to the average American. He had his schooling handed to him by others. He had his jobs handed to him by others. Now he is living the life of the top 1% because it is being handed to him by others. I'm one of the others and I don't want to hand him anything else. I especially don't want to give him the power of an unlimited debt ceiling and spending. But the foolish people that have free Obama phones put him back in the White House so that he can continue to live a lifestyle that they could never even fathom.
    Written by: Giacomo

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Your right. He is out of touch with everyone, and everything. Ivory tower, rose colored glasses with blinders. Four more years of his Camelot.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not suggesting anyone take out the president but what I am saying is that I wish there were some way to get him out of office legally. nuff said. Jackie B.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

"Let them eat cake." I believe it was Marie Antoinette. In French, it is "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

They had a guillotine back then.

6. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

That really sucks How many people could we feed on that. A lot of americans are struggling to make ends meet and this ass clown spends money like its free (It is free to him but its our money) Just think 4 more years of this Thank-you democrats Sorry bunch of idiots

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Sad but true. I feel he takes and don't give back but it must stop before we loose our freedom.

8. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

Apperantly his expenses were not touched by sequester. National parks have no money to open, they cancel airshows no whitehouse tours and yet him and Moochelle have no problem spending. Also if you recieve perks like this at work they are taxed but I'm SURE he doesn't pay taxes on his perks. What a hypocrite.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He comes from corrupt Chicago, They teach each other how to game the system.

10. johnboy

johnboy Member

Peanuts compared to what the 43rd president cost this country!

11. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

johnboy---considering your name, you must be a country hick that has had your head planted firmly up your butt for the last 4 1/2 years. This idiot has cost the American taxpayer more money than ALL OF THE PREVIOUS 43 PRESIDENTS COMBINED. Proven fact.

Chuck

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Don't blame me I voted Republican

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

This is what happened when the 51% of have-nots put the animals in charge of the zoo.

14. SBray

SBray Active Member

It's not just Obama, most of our politicians get expensive perks that are an insult to the common person!

Tom Sullivan was talking about that recently during the fiscal cliff scam. These politicians arriving in limos with their support staff gathered around them. You would think royalty had arrived from some foreign country!

They pretend to be concerned about our tax dollars not being used wisely, but will turn around and fly here or there, eating at fancy restaurants, being provided with luxuries to suit their every whim!

Steve

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Its the American way! Get your's while the gettings good!
    Clyde

16. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Nothings too good for zero the clown and his circus of fools. He now wants to raise taxes and screw with social security I guess his vacation fund is getting low. He is giving up 5% of his 400K salary. How about giving up 5% of what your vacations cost. Most americans get a vacation a year He gets them monthly How long is america going to put up whith his crap?

17. td-ict

td-ict TS Member

saw Sasha and Malia's 757 leave McConnell AFB today out of Wichita. It must have needed some maintenance with all those "sequestration" spring-break vacations to Atlantis Resort and Utah for skiing!....RIP Blue Angels......and WH tours....how does that cake taste?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.