1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Live video of rifle blowing up.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerry944t, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Scary live video of a rifle blowing up. Let the speculation begin.

If my link doesn't work copy and paste the following into your browser.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=395_1244455053

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Barrel obstruction. At the muzzle end.

HM

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Stuck it in the mud and then shot it would be my guess as well.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Many moons ago, when i was a kid, I was hunting with my Dad.

He offered to carry my old Savage M-340 30/30 bolt gun. When I got it back, for some reason, I checked the bore. Sure enough, he had stumbled, and poked the muzzle in the ground. If I had fired the gun, I would have missed the deer and ruined the gun.

A long trek back to the car for a cleaning rod saved the hunt. I STILL don't know why I checked the bore. I was every bit of 12 or so. :^0

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Don't think there's going to be much speculation on this one. There are pictures out there of another gun that did the same exact thing with a known obstruction (a "sighting laser") in the bore at the muzzle end. I would agree with everyone else, some how got stuck in the mud and it wasn't cleaned out. Josh

6. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

The guy must have been using AA's. You know how those basewads are responsible for all the blow ups. Oh Oh wait it must have been a Kreigoff.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I seen one live 3 weeks ago, 12 feet from me. AR15 Stag upper split, magazine disassembled into it's individual pieces, bottom of bolt carrier split and bent down into the magazine housing, barrel extension split. Bolt was still locked into battery and the Lapua new brass had a 75 deg. pie shaped section broken off from the primer pocket to the OD of the extractor groove. Primer was still in the case.

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

In the slow-mo playback it looked like something fairly large and black went flying out the bore. Replay it and watch very carefully. My guess says not mud but again a bore-sighter type device left in the muzzle.

9. d endicott

d endicott Member

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I also saw the black streak going out of the barrel but the main thing is that is a very lucky individual. Just think if he were injured, where he is and how hard it would be to get help to him from there. Dan

11. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Couple years ago I was hunting in snowy weather. Went back out into the woods after lunch and found a nice big rock to sit down on and rested my Model 94 across my knees. For some reason I decided to look at the muzzle, and found it had 1/4" of ice and snow in the muzzle. Don't know how or where I picked it up at, but I'm glad I caught it before a deer came along!

Obsevation about the video... why the hell is he working the action when he went to his knees? Checking to make sure it's loaded?!

~Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.