1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Pigeon Shoot - SC Style

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbasdad92, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbasdad92

bubbasdad92 Member

7-1/2s or 8s???

2. MR870

MR870 Member

Trespassers will be shot.If you ain't been invited,don't show up!

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'da loved to have seen that.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Musta been Super Pigeon loads? LMAO!! Missiles fired at SARK Spy Plane brings it down over enemy territory! :)

Hap

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

HAHA brilliant. What chokes and shot size are recommended for a toy helicopter. I'm guessing extra full and an ounce and a half of 4s would do a number on one.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm guessing an oz. and a quarter of nickel or copper 7.5s.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Mattell Toys may have recommended loads, chokes etc. on their site

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Our local news broadcasts, and newspapers have been full of this happening...They had a large article before the shoot, and another after "Someone" shot their little camara / copter down..LOL

Dave in SC

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Those little camera/copters are very expensive. Deep pockets from animal rights kooks negate the effect!!

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Those little camera/copters are very expensive. Deep pockets from animal rights kooks negate the effect!!

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

00 or 000?

12. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

Where at, Jim?

13. MOP

MOP Active Member

Television news helicopters shot areial footage from helicopters of pigeon shooting at the Dallas Gun Club near the end of its pigeon shooting days. It was the premier place to shoot pigeons in this country.

14. WJN

WJN TS Member

As an old RC Plane builder and flier - I find this highly suspect on several levels. The electronics on these things are not very long range unless we are talking military grade. Flying one out of sight is almost impossible. They are not very stable so it is more likely they flew it into a tree or lost control.

That said I would sure have liked to have seen one shot down. Old RC Plane purchase question. "If I crash it will it blow up or explode? No. Then I don't want it."

15. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

Jim, thought maybe it was at Buddy's.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Steve Hindi's group also protests regularly at a club that I shot a tower shoot at a few months ago. They also used one of their remote controlled "cam copters" at a different shoot at this club and it was shot down...crashed onto club property. Steve filed a police report and tried get the copter back but the club refused. As far I know, the club still has possession of the remote controlled helicopter.

Bob Barker gave Steve's group $1 million dollars in support of his efforts so they have enough money to keep a fleet of these remote controlled copter cams around. In addition, Steve's group is registered as a tax deductible charity. I don't know how the IRS allows this "charity" to keep operating where the charity partakes in activities that is harassment of other individuals. This guy served several months in jail in IL, for the harassment of hunters. He did his time back in the mid-90s. What a loose cannon this guy is. He probably stalks shooters at their place of business or residence too.

17. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

They never flew the copter since the club has an air strip. Where are the pics of the damaged copter, there aren't any since it never flew due to FAA rules.

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

What part of "INVITATION ONLY!" does SARK not understand?.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

19. Bueno

Bueno Member

I was at that shoot, and when you came in the front gate there was an a..hole taking a picture of your SUV and license plate.
    I heard about a supposed helicopter snooping around, but didn't see one. It probably crashed and they are trying to blame the shooters.
    I left the shoot early though, since it was real cold and windy, so the air streams might have had something to do with the crash.
    Anyway....good riddance!

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It 33.5 grs Longshot, 1 1/4 oz #5s Copper Shot, Federal Gold Medal Hull shot was made at 80 yards, no distress or MayDay signal recieved. Several Copper #5s took out the circuit board, camera was slightly damaged videoing it's plummet to the ground, it got a picture of a Bald Eagle trying to snatch it in it's talons, but exhaust was too hot.

Pigeon shooters were seen looking for downed RC Aircraft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.