1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Live pigeon gun build part 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Boxbirder, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Greetings once again,

Now that I have had the fitting, picked out the barrels, 30 3/4" full checkered pigeon forend, backbored barrels, choked tight and tighter. I also orderd another set of barrels that will be sent to Tegue for chokes.

The proprietor who is an avid pigeon shooter himself leaned me into getting and MX8 non selective while the fitter told me to get the MX-12 with the saftey selector.

Now I am at a lost as to what action I should get.

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Get the MX-8 with internal selector. You're going to pin-out the safety anyway. This would be your pigeon set-up. Add an external selective trigger as a spare with the teague barrels for clays. Now you're ready for anything. GAP

3. Guy

Guy Member

Minimize any potential areas where something can go wrong.....go with an MX8 non-selective drop trigger with coil springs. You're getting choke tubes on the other barrels, so why a selective trigger anyway, unless you plan to add a top single trap barrel?

Also, I'd listen to the bird shooter.....which makes me think about the fitter who may or may not have experience with pigeon guns.....I think you need a gun that shoots alittle higher......your fitter might think it should be set up the same as your trap gun.

If I could find somebody I could trust to change my coil spring trigger to mechanical, I'd do that too.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Where's Little Gambler when you need him?????

5. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Little gambler is on the deck BBQ'n tonight. All out speed on hammer fall, leaf springs. They work 99.98% of the time. If you want slower lock time, I'd go with coil spring group. Plus you will get the extra 0.02% of reliability. Gota go steak and chicken is gettin black!!

6. MOP

MOP Active Member

You won't go wrong either way.

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Absolutly nothing wrong with a coil spring trigger. Just be ready to change the springs every year or so instead of waiting for a spring to break as you would with leaf springs.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.