1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Earth Carbon Footprint Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Live Earth Carbon Footprint<br>
    <br>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
    <br>
    Interesting Live Earth counterpoints from around the web.<br>
    <br>
    Quote: Live Earth concert to produce 74,500 tons of carbon emissions.
    Superstars flying 222,623 miles between them to get to the LIVE EARTH concerts...<br>
    <br>
    The total carbon footprint of the event, taking into account the artists' and spectators' travel to the concert, and the energy consumption on the day, is likely to be at least 31,500 tonnes of carbon emissions, according to John Buckley of Carbonfootprint.com, who specializes in such calculations.<br>
    <br>
    Throw in the television audience and it comes to a staggering 74,500 tonnes. In comparison, the average Briton produces ten tonnes in a year.
    The concert will also generate some 1,025 tonnes of waste at the concert stadiums - much of which will go directly into landfill sites.<br>
    <br>
    Take the Live Earth pledge!<br>
    <br>
    I, (insert name here)______________, pledge to make sure that the carbon footprint I produce in my lifetime does not exceed that of Al Gore or Madonna's, even if I get rich enough to actually produce that much C02 by myself.<br>
    <br>
    --------------------------------------------------------------<br>
    <br>
    Full article at the link.<br>
    <br>
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=466775&in_page_id=1879

2. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Ever notice How fat AL Gore is getting selling carbon credits? they must be high in calories too! Jon Opps Feds can now legally get my email address I'D better watch it or I'll be breaking carbons up on a chain gang

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Well Brian...There you go again...
    Don't you know the "Live Earth Superstars" bought OFFSETS to make their travel, etc. for this event "Carbon Neutral"...
    ('course...Al Gore owns the Offset company they buy them from...hmmm...pretty sweet huh...)

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So..........how many people walked or rode their bikes to this event?

Great plan, have a big polluting gettogether to "raise consciousness" about a junk science issue.

Better they should have stayed home and churned a little butter.

HM

5. DJM

DJM Member

It's more about feeling good than doing good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.