1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Littleton Shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdkmedic, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdkmedic

gdkmedic TS Member

Does anyone in Canada use the Littleton shotmaker? I am trying to find a coolant that will work. Any info would be greately appreciated.

Gary

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I'm in Tn not Canada.. I use solibule oil used in machine shops for drilling and turning.. alot of people use low tox anti freeze, some use crop oil, others brake fluid..

3. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I use generic anti freeze from advance auto parts.Just keep it as close to the drop pan as possible 1/4in or less!

4. wild gun one

wild gun one Member

I use crop oil undiluted no problem

5. gdkmedic

gdkmedic TS Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I sure appreciate the help.

Gary

6. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

hey... i once talked to a guy who sold littleton shot makers about coolent....
    he told me to save money buy using the "cheapest" liquid laundry detergent i could fine......he showed me the shot he made and it was fantastic!

7. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

FYI undiluted anti freeze will burn with a colorless flame!Dont let coolant get too hot and be carefull when using a torch to heat a pesky dripper-Mike Moloney

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

You are running your shot coolant way to hot if it ignites. Also as any other chemical you must use in a well ventalated area. Anti freeze can be explossive if given the right air to vapor to temp conditions.

check out above link for a little more info.

How many cars have been set fire do to a coolant leak ? Im sure it has happened somewhere @ sometime but not many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.