1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Littleton Shot maker ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wyrhair, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyrhair

wyrhair TS Member

Has. anybody used one of these Shot Makers ?? Wondering how easy it is to easy use how good is the shot it produces. Thanks for your info CHRIS

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

There are two units to consider: Littleton and Stewart.

Littleton can be had in 110V (useless) or 220V and has an alloy ladle.

Stewart comes in 220V only with a cast iron ladle.

Visit both web sites, and try to have conversations with the people involved, I think you will quickly see where to spend your money.

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Good luck on finding lead. bill

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I tried to contact littleton they got back to me a week later, I called Stewart and I talked to someone right then. I bought the Stewart machine the cast iron pot is the way to go it gets hot and stays hot better.

Unless your getting a littlton somewhere dirt cheap look hard and weigh your options as I did. They are about the same price, but the cast iron is alot tougher when your smacking the thing to get it unplugged. You rap aluminum at those temps and your gunna ding it up.
    I have made over 2 ton in my machine since I got it January 2011.
    Jerry Lewis

5. 333t

333t Member

Chris:

I bought a used Littleton 110v several years ago. I have used it to make at least a few tons of shot and it works just fine. Shot making can be temperamental at times but if you have a good source of wheel weights, it can save you a lot of money. There is a learning curve and your first few batches will probably be a little trying. The Littleton makes very nice shot, it isn't absolutely perfect but then, nothing is. It shoots just fine.

Phil

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Regardless of the brand you get, it's only the beginning. There is lots more to shot making than just the shot maker.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Go with a Stewart. Buy it right the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

when using a littleton shot maker easier to make in 8 shot or 5 shot