1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Littleton or Better Shot Maker? I have lead!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

A buddy and I have secured 6 five gallon buckets of lead wheel weights. I also have access to a few 55 gallon drums of wheel weights (I have to pay around 10cents a pound for those but that is still cheaper than buying shot). I would like to hear pros and cons of each of the Littleton and the better shot maker. We plan on purchasing one within two weeks.

Thanks in advance,

Forrest

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Wanna sell any of those 55 gallon drums of weights?????????

Jim

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Nope. But I would like to know which shot maker would be the better choice!

Forrest

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you will not be unhappy with the better shot maker and you will get all the support you need from jim and he is the one that makes it you can call him in the morning 1 256 587 0107 ricks1

5. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Go with Jim Stewart -- His units are 220 volt -- you will have to run 220 if you are not already setup with a 220 outlet -- but he is there to answer all your questions pertaining to shot making -- I know 2 different individuals with Litteton's and they have had problems with switches and wires burning out -- I have one of Jim's units and have had no problems -- any time I have had a question about shotmaking Jim has always been there to help and he is in no rush to get you off the phone -- Doug

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have heard a lot more positive things about the Better shotmaker, thats why I will soon be ordering one.

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I have a littleton and it works fine. I'm sure the Stewart one does also. I do like the idea of an iron ladle.

Jim

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the Stewart with the cast iron is the best there was pic posted {dont recall who} but had wind shields on it that is a problem with the aluminium it heats fast but also cools fast when you add ingots you have to add slowly so the molten lead dont get cooled had a Al and got rid of it the 220 is not a big thing get some number 10 ga copper 3 pieces and 220 female plug for 20amp and a 50amp male and then you can plug into a dryer recpt.

9. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

If you use your dry receptacle you have to drop the amps to 15amp. I used a matching receptacle dryer plug which is 10ga wire 50 amp, and wires to disconnect box, and put in two 15amp fuses, an out the disconnect box a 12ga wire extension cored. Jim Stewart told me if I did not drop the amps down (6.5 amps Better shot Maker) I would burn the shot maker up. 10tenner

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

im very happy with the better shot maker,they call it the better shotmaker for a few reasons,the unit is made to last,a littelton i understand has problems with lite wiring burns out fast(one reason to use heavy stuff like jims is 220volts)and to try to get parts can be a hassel,2, heating elements not as big as jims and ,cast iron ladel holds heat better,not as finicy to ingot's being added,and best of all jims before&after the sale service cant be beat,mark jones

11. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Ajax:
    I certainly don't want to hurt anyones feelings but this is a discussion thread.
    Ellen

12. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

That may be a possibility. So I did as you asked and removed my threads regarding the subject. Just in case anyone from Magma Engineering is reading this discussion thread- I apologize for any mis-information I may have received.
    Ajax:Do you know if Bullet is the maker of the Littleton Shotmaker?
    Ellen

13. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Thanks Ajax. I think we might be on to something here.
    Ellen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stewart lead shot maker