1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Gambler Hits Magnum At Hillsboro

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by orange crusher, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

WHAT IS THIS??? This can't be right!! Damn Koby winning all the money again! WRETA needs to have a meeting and change the rules so someone else can win some money once in a while. It isn't right that the guy shooting the best score wins all the time. Where is the secret society meeting so we can change the rules?? We need draw backers - we need to make Rick shoot 1/2 ounce "less than legal" so someone else can win. This isn't fair that the guy shooting the best score keeps winning. If only Rick would start drinking before shooting to even out the playing field. Time to enact the 0.08 option to win money!!!

Good Shooting Rick -- Keep it up. What is this now - 5 of the last 6 years HOA Winner??

OC

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Hey Packman--How come you did NOT win the $$$$$$$$$????? The way you shoot you should be unbeatable. Hope all is well with you and the family. motordoc

3. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Thanks to all, It was just my lucky day, and the sun shined on me. I had a really good time shooting with my squad this year. Packman, you were right on my heels all day!!!!! l.g.

O.C. I have not been counting the years.......but if I count the buckles, I will have some odd ball half increment in there! Man have I had my share of fun over the years.

4. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Great shooting, Rick!

5. jennylin

jennylin Member

They tied for Champion at the end of the season and there was only one buckle so they split it.

Yay Ricky! Now that Amy is shooting so well, they may have to enact a new rule for her too. John is right, why don't you make it easier on those guys and start drinking before you go shoot? Or maybe they could make it easier on themselves and stop drinking before they go shoot. No that's just crazy talk.

John, when we were at Evergreen a couple weeks ago they were having a sporting clays event. They came over and asked Dave if he wanted to shoot. The guy said "We shoot and then at the end we draw for prizes". Of course Dave asked why and they told him it was because one guy always wins so they don't have trophies anymore. They just draw for prizes. Obviously they picked the wrong guy to invite to their shoot. He gave them an ear-full about how the best shooter deserves to win.

Jen

6. little gambler

Well Sportshot, I’ll present you with the full story first……….. The wreta organization is about 10 shoots a year, taking the best 6 that you shoot qualifies you for the HOA buckle. Well my partner in the pic had only shot 7 of the shoots that year, and I had shot a couple more, we tied on everything we shot, target for target all year. We had also shot buddy shoots, or protection shoots that year in the organization, breaking about 300 or so straight in the process together, we traveled together and so forth, shot varmints together and etc etc. Well first they were going to give the buckle to me as I had shot more shoots, then I told them that would not be fair as it was not in the rules how to conduct a tie breaking method for the yearly HOA buckle. I approached them and asked if we could be co-champions and get two buckles, the reply was “just shoot for the one-we are not buying two”……either one of us could have won that buckle and it would not have been a good reflection on the other on how well we performed that year together as a team. The last words on that from me is “well we’ll take care of it”……….I brought out a dewalt sawzall with a fresh blade and the rest is what you see. John’s wife made us a nice scrap booked frame for them with co-champions, our picture together, some mini-target in there, and it sits on top of my computer to this day with the half cut buckle in there.

7. little gambler

sportshot, email sent. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.