1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

little dopey hussein

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I guess he really does think he is a god,,,,telling the feds to ignore marijuana if it is legal in the state,,,,since when did the states' laws trump federal laws????guess I missed that in Constition class,,,,hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm think I'll have a brownie,,,and then take a nap,,,,LOL

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't have the answer about State Vs Federal law but Obama made a good call on the pot issue. Why spend tax money fighting a domestic drug war with the only tangible results being strenghtening the mexican drug cartel? The demand for pot in the US will continue so why not take the crooks out of it.

3. bigdogtx

Then it should be made LEGAL,,,,don't tie law enforcement's hands,,,,BTW, I think that it should be legal with STIFF penalties for misuse or damage caused by usage....

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So what constitutes misuse?

The drug itself has been demonized to the point where hardly anyone can develop an objective opinion. This was the result of Harry Anslinger's kingdom building in the early days, When spreading lies about the subject justified the creation of a whole new bureaucracy.

Unlike alcohol, users are not combative nor subject to unruly behavior.

I suppose someone driving while stoned might forget to go whan the light is green.........

or proceed down the road at 10 MPH, LOL.

In our area there have been probably a dozen or more deaths caused by alcohol and driving in the last year.

None that I know from THC influence.

In my opinion they keep it illegal because it is too hard to tax something you can grow in your back yard. If it required a manufacturing facility you can bet it would be a fine source of revenue.

Now as far as states rights are concerned, check out what Montana is doing regarding Federal firearms regulation.

HM

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Only muslims use the name hussein,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6. wolfram

Just when I thought I had you figgured out HM, you do a 180.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bill Clinton can inhale now.

8. bigdogtx

HM,,,,I would consider misuse being the same as other controlled yet legal substances, i.e. alcohol and tobacco,,,,give to a minor, driving impaired,,,,pretty simple....

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The feds have no business being in this matter at all! It should always have been a state issue since it is not covered under "enumerated powers" in the US Constitution.

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Believe me, If they could find a way to tax it, they would leagalize it in a heart beat. How can they get their fingers into the pot? Give the "O" boy time, he'll show you!

Big Jack

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

They can ban smoking and selling cigs to kids because of the health risk!

BUT its ok to allow pot because all it does is destory brain cells!

"Mind num robots" phrase come to mind?

We have already seen what dumming down American's does for us!

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

wolfram, you have to watch "Marijuana-weed with roots in Hell" from about the late 30's or 4o's. This propaganda film assumed everyone who saw it had an IQ of about 85.

Definitely a good laugh.

HM

13. wolfram

Yep that and 'Refer Madness'. What a hoot.

I may be mistaken but I think the big 'anti-pot' motivator of those times was not really about the drug so much as hemp oil vs petroleum. Not suprisingly the petrol industry didn't want competition from hemp oil and they used their political clout to have hemp outlawed at the federal level.

And Timberfaller, wake up. The illegality of pot is what makes it the ideal thing to sell to kids. The unfortunate truth is that kids have no problem getting drugs. I would much prefer that we regulate the stuff like we do alcohol and get the criminal element out of it. Yes the kids will still get dope illegally but there will a whole lot less pushers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.