1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**LITTLE DISCIPLINES**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ismah, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

I went to the range yesterday and shot four rounds: The first round I hit 20 targets, had a good time joking with my friends, laughed at my poor performance. Second round I hit 19 and wondered what I was doing wrong. The old guy next to me said, "you're having too good a time Bill, you need to buckle down." He was right. I know the proper stance, gun hold and POA, I just wasn't doing it. I was enjoying the company and the good companship. The third round I stood correctly, raised my elbows, made sure the butt plate was properly placed and hit 24 targets. (Not Bad.) The last round I ran them all. (Even better) LITTLE DISCIPLINES. Even if you have to re-mount your gun a couple of times, make sure you're ready to pull the trigger, stance, feet, cheek to comb, focus, if you have to fart do it before you shoot, even if it slows down the squads timing. You'll hit more targets. You'll have a better time. It's the little things that make the difference.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's all about the little things. Always has been.

3. ismah

ismah Member

I shoot trap because it's fun. I don't like to discipline myself - - but - - I have a better time when I hit a lot of targets. It's a rock and a hard spot. I don't improve if I don't focus. I don't have the talent to socialize and force concentration at the same time. Guess I'll have to pick one or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.