1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lithium grease OK for O/U lockworks?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I've just opened up my Browning Broadway and it looks like the SST trigger needs some lubrication. Is lithium grease OK for this purpose? Thanks.

LA

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Actually, the service manual said to use gun oil, so that's what I'll use.

LA

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It will get hard in time .

4. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

No it collects dust. I don't put anything on the trigger parts BUT if you have to try and get a electronic lube spray that is used on computers. Doesn't gum up the works.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I use, very sparingly, a light grease on a few parts of my trigger. Only lubricate the parts that require lubrication. Lithium based grease is good grease. It is important to keep any lubed surfaces clean.

trapshooter421- The spray you mentioned is an excellent cleaner (primarily acetone) but a very poor lubricant. In a computer, aside from the fan, few things move.

Pat Ireland

6. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

On trigger parts I use a product called "Gun Butter". It was developed by some shooters that work as engineers at a large corporation here in the Northwest. Great product, doesn't thicken in the cold or run in the heat and best of all it does not attact dust.

As for the pivot points on an over and under, STOS lubricant is pretty tough to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.