1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Lite Hits with Silver Seitz

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoosier, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Went shooting today and after 75 shells or so I start getting shells that wouldn,t go off. The firing pin barely hit the primer. Then the next sheel might go off. Or I might shoot 3 or 4 then another light hit. During handicap I had 4 shells in a row that didn't go off. Would this more then likely be a broken firing pin? Thanks

2. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Zard, They were new AA,s. I field clean the gun every time I finish shooting. I took the side plate off and cleaned what I could reach about a month ago. Thanks, Hoosier

3. canyonman

canyonman Member

You most likely have a broken firing pin spring. Remove the "wafer" surrounding the pin and check for dirt, clean the area, and replace spring. Also, it's a good idea to keep an extra spring. Hope that solves your problem.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

The Seitz requires a spanner wrench and lite heat to remove and clean firing pin & spring. After cleaning reverse the procedure.

I have never heard or seen this w/a Seitz.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

What serial number is your gun I have #367 you need a spanner wrench, take the Bbl off, and heat the area where the firing pin is and use the spanner wrench and screw it out, Use a Q-Tip and clean out pocket where firing pin a spring are, clean the firing pin and spring, use lite coat of Rem Oil reassemble with a small amount of Blue Loc Tite, snug it in place.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Gary, I have number 504. The gun came with a spanner wrench.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Contact Richie.

blade819

8. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

It has a broken cocking lever return spring. Send it to someone and have it fixed. Do not go heating parts up on it.
    You can pay a little now or a lot later if you start trying to work on it and not know what you are doing.

Phillip Crenwelge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.