1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Listning to music while shooting.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maka, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maka

maka Member

If you listen to music while shooting, what type of devices do you use? Ear muffs, wired ear plug, etc... Also, old pocket radio, CD player, or Mp3. Thanks for any input.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pro Ears. MP3 player.Use mostly instrumental classic rock. Lyrics can be distracting.

Exceptions: Queen- Fat Bottomed Girls, Orbison - Candy Man, Jefferson Airplane - Rock and Roll.

Anything with a great guitar solo. Stuff that makes your toe tap.

HM

3. smoked

smoked TS Member

Hendrix...Voodoo Child ...just makes you want to grind them!

4. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

Try a piece by the Dixie Dregs called " Cruise Control ",,, that one will get you going. My wife [ OHIOGAL } says listening to music helps drown out distractions and helps her stay calmer.When I go to shoots with her,, I see several people using the MP3's, Ipods, etc. If it helps you,, may as well use it.

Jeff

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

send me a PM on this site with your email address and I will send you pictures etc of the best system to use if you want to listen to music.

6. dws

dws TS Member

I have a set of custom molded ear plugs from BIG PAPA - they are great !

I've had them for over a year and I'm very happy with them.

Dennis

7. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Definitely love listening to music while I shoot.....can't shoot without it now. And, custom molded ear plugs with earphones embedded is absolutely the way to go like the previous posters mention.

And, those ear plugs cost about $100 and are way more effective for flying than those expensive Bose sets that people use on airplanes. I also use mine mowing the lawn and other stuff like that.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use custom fitted ear plugs with my ipod. Works well. It keeps me from talking to myself.

9. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

DWS, thanks for the feedback. I have never found anyone else who provides the type/style of music plugs that my lab makes. Surgicial silicone and will last a life time.

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I listen to Rap, hate that stuff!!! Makes me so mad, I want to kill anything in front of me that moves. Sometimes it works.

Gne J

11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I use Big Papa's stereo ear plugs with a small mp3 player and an Ipod Shuffle. The plugs are very comfortable with great sound, you think less while listening to music.

I listen to music by "Solitudes.com" one called "Concentration" and another called "Natural Stress Relief" are really good they are quiet with no words. I also use normal music too the odd time too.

Terry.

12. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Hi Terry, are those titles available on ITunes?

Or, can anybody direct me to some appropriate & similar relaxation titles or suggestions as Terry mentions that are located on Itunes? non vocal

(I have a nano) ....hold the jokes boys, I am talking about my Apple music device. I need to access ITunes to get my relaxing trap music...

thanks,

js

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Jack.

There were several by that company and they are usually in those stores with crafts etc. They are in those little stations where you can play they them first. I bought most of mine at the Duty Free Shop in Sarnia before I cross over to Port Huron.

I just looked at the website you can buy them direct.

Terry.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A question for you guys. Can you hear the scores being read at the end of the station? I've tried listening to music and have problems hearing the scores being read off!!

Hap

15. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I usually can but it is a problem with the odd scorer. The set Big Papa made for me has a mute button in the wire. You squeeze it for a second and it cuts the music off.

Terry.

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Terry!! Hap

17. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

If you have not figured this out, get someplace where Big Papa can make you a set, they are great. I love mine, I only use one side for music and that way I can still hear fairly well and my cord to my earphones don't get caught in my gun's adjustable comb. I have a small pocket in my vest that my mp3 sets in.
    My husbands music taste( see note above)..well that I am not responsible for, I had a hard time explaining my shooting music to him. I have a number of rest and relaxations, however on the line I like things like Pat Benetar Hit me with your best shot, Queen Another one bites the dust, upbeat and positive for seeing those clays bust!

Deb

18. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Thanks for the testimonial OHIOGAL. My best salesmen are past customers. I still have not found anyone else offering a product as shooter friendly as the one I offer. Hope to see you some place this spring at a shoot. Break them all!!!!!

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you use Pro Ears, the mics are on all the time, blocking shot noises of course. You adjust the mics with the control, and the music with your device.

Perfect.

HM

20. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

just don't get carried away...like some shooters. puablo
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

concentration music for trapshooting

earpulgs for shooting with itunes

is listening to music while at gun range