1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

liquid for shot dropping

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgun1957, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

i have a littleton shotmaker and was wondering a bout the liquid the shot drops in, some said 3 parts water to 2 parts cutting and grinding oil would this be right if not or if it is i,m still open to suggestions i have a 7 gal tank my shot drops in any help app.thanks
    Jerry

2. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

i do appreciate all the good help and topics on here

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I use undeluted anti freeze, its the easiest and cheapest option in my local area....aint no crop oil or affordable machine coolant around here.

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I use antifreeze also. I do dilute it some. There is a forum on shotgun world in the reloading section that has more information than you can absorb.

5. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

thanks guys for the info
    Jerry

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Antifreeze with dishsoap. Just wash it off with a hose when your finished making shot.

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I just made my first batch of shot this week and was tapped out for coolant and in a hurry to try. I put luke warm water in the cooler I modified to catch mine. I gave it a run with no exchange to pump cool water back in we ran 40pds. The water was hot but it was only 20degrees in the garage and 16 outside. It worked OK not exactly perfect round BUT looked good! Goopers were picked out by hand, put in old cake pans from yard sales, and dried over night.

This batch was made Friday evening I graphited it yesterday and loaded 100 for league this morning. It was 16 this morning and snowy here in NY but The Mrs shot 19-25 for a 44 and I a 20-23=43. The shot worked just fine just wished the weather was warmer to enjoy it.

Good luck Have fun!

Jerry Lewis

8. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

ok thanks guys i will give the detergent a try thinks so much

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you want to mix the lead into all your clothes. When I ran soap the shot always left some deposits in the bottom on the container.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.