1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lipstick-check, Makeup-check, Gun--WTF!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A special agent returning to Mitchell International Airport left her firearm in a bathroom there Tuesday night, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said.

Read the rest here.....

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/02/06/local_news/doc47aa5177483e4160124818.txt

If this was one of us, our balls would be in a vise!!! Oh, she didn't have any:)

Doug

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Was she a blonde? lol

Hauxfan!

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The way those A******* operate she will probably get a promotion.

Jim

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Hey guys how about this one. An off duty cop in Urbana Illinois was getting into his car to go somewhere and put his holstered gun on top the car got in and drove to destination. When he got there the gun wasn't on the roof anymore and the newspeople want us not to touch it if we find it. This happened in the last five days here in central Illinois. What an idiot. Those are the ones that are supposed to protect and serve. Some of those guys should go back to training classes for a refresher course in weapons management. Dan

5. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

One morning my "routine" was disrupted, I left my S&W M60 on the kitchen counter (we have no kids) and put my coffee on the rood of the police car. I drove 27 miles to work with no coffee and unknowingly, and empty holster. When the rest of the staff got to the office, one of my guys says, "Chief, where's your piece?"

I had to get my backup out of the trunk.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Art, did you go back for a refresher course? Mike.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

And Tyrone will shoot Towanda with it when he catches her smoking his crack.

HM

8. The Shadow

The Shadow TS Member

We sure like to bash people when we don't even know all the circumstances. No, I'm not a cop. But it seems like everytime something happens by a cop or public official, he/she is a low life, mentally challenged, donut eater. If you get a ticket, he was a heartless moron, he wasn't even human, but if he/she does screw up, he/she is an idiot. I pay their wages, they should be perfect. He should be fired for being forgetful. You do anything long enough, with enough repetition, anyone can & does get complacent. The sport of trapshooting is a prime example. We do it over & over & pretty soon we start doing dunb things that cost us targets. No different than everyday situations.
    It is so easy to point fingers. As an LEO, you can relate to this Admiral Art.

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

AHH, more like the old day's.

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Ghost Rider, I don't normally pick on the LEOs, But leaving your piece laying in a public restroom is bad enough, But in an airport is really bad. Esp when you consider it was one of the jackbooted thugs from the BATFE. It's not the same as leaving it home or in the trunk of your car.

Jim

11. WGB

WGB Member

Jackbooted thugs? What a moronic term. I'm always thankful when the BATF takes a crack head/dope dealer/unlawful firearms possession case from the local courts. The dealer gets some federal time instead of BS local probation/30 days in County. She made a stupid mistake, it happens. She will get spanked for it and deserve it.

Some of you keyboard commandos and wanna-bee's deserve no respect.

12. The Shadow

The Shadow TS Member

JIM101, You just solidified my point. If you left your gun somewhere, it's not as bad as the agent doing the same? Granted, she is supposed to be a professional, so be it. Did you ever walk to the line & forget your shells?
    I have & I've seen others too. Did you ever finish on station four & start walking to postion one? I have & I've seen others too. How about forgetting & shoot out of turn ahead of someone else. Embarrassing & also funny. The "Jackbooted thug" comment wasn't called for. The BATF agents don't make the laws, they are assigned to enforce them. Two totally different things.

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

In the old days not so long ago the police were to SERVE AND PROTECT and they did a very good job of it. Now days it seem they are there to harass and hasle and trained more like the gestopo. Sorry but thats what it seems. I never had any problems with the law after I took one to court and won. I acted on my own behalf. I was at the point I did't give a s&^% no more so I was gonna speak my peace. About 2 weeks later that cop was no more. Problem is their are to many more left like him and encouraged by our local politations.

14. KenC

KenC Member

Sorry Ghost Rider but that is a big time screw up which can't just be winked at.

If a civilian with a CCW left their piece in a public rest room, he/she would be charged with reckless endangerment at the very least. The gun would be confiscated, probably permanently.

It's not the same as forgetting to take shells to the line or even leaving your K-80 in the men's room at your trap club. It's a pistol in a PUBLIC RESTROOM for gosh sakes!.

One of the most important things one who carries has to think about is RETENTION. Making sure some BG doesn't take it away from you. Heck, she just walked away from it. Oh, but she was tired. Poor thing. Give her a pass on this one, just this once.

If I were her boss, she'd be thinking it over during her suspension without pay while I contemplated firing her sorry butt.

She just set CCW for Wisconsin back 100 years. Those anti-gunners up there are gonna say "See that! Professionals can't even keep track of their guns and you expect us to trust the average Joe to carry safely?"

She gets no sympathy from me.

15. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Kenc; you are correct. With training and the position of authority; one is held to a higher standard. Training is a "double edged sword" and will come back to haunt you in situations such as this. As a former firearms and chemical agent instructor, before my retirement; I can only shake my head in amazement when something like this happens. Remember not too long ago when an ATF agent was giving a presentation and shot himself in the leg? Whatever happened to clearing the weapon during a classroom session? The agent who failed to keep her weapon secured was negligent and should be disciplined accordingly. If I were her supervisor, I would recommend termination. You make valid points in your assessment of this situation. Ed

16. KenC

KenC Member

Thanks for the reminder esoxhunter, I completely forgot about that BATFE agent who shot himself in front of a classroom full of people. What a stunning video. And the agent, who was kinda pompous before he shot himself, acted like nothing unusual happened and tried to continue with the class.

Two incidents like these, coming so close together, tells me that BATFE firearms training needs some 'looking into'. Perhaps someone higher up there, like the person in charge of training, shares some responsibility too.

17. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You bet. When it comes down to "court time"; you can bet the instructor will be subpoenaed and will get a thorough grilling on the stand. Been there and done that. CYA is the bottom line. Ed

18. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I stand by my remarks. I think the ATF bunch is about as close to the gestapo as you can get without going back to the Hitler days. Personally I'd like to see the organization disbanded.

Jim

19. Woodyard

Woodyard TS Member

Took off duck hunting one morning and left my shotgun in the garage. I still have flashbacks. The horror! The horror!
    Seriously, people who carry loaded firearms as part of their official duties should be held to the highest possible standards regarding their handling and use.

20. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Just a few more inches and I could have lost my son," Justin Porcellini told the Daily News as he cradled his wide-eyed toddler against his chest.

Read about another.....the loser shot a baby then lied about it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/02/09/2008-02-09_father_of_accidentlyshot_baby_rails_cop.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.