1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lion with crown on kolar stand for?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i have seen this before but i wonder what the lion with a crown on a kolar stands for? someone told me its a griffin?

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

it is suppose to be a Gargoil not a Lion and it is suppose to have wings, but I never could see the wings

3. smsnyder

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

As one who knows Gargoyles I will have to say its a lion. Its like the lion you see on a beer bottle. I forgot which one. Some have wings and some do not but both have claws.

5. smsnyder

this one is a lion i believe with a crown and claws

6. smsnyder

what's the reason Kolar uses it. Anyone know? is it a Griffin or Gargole? Why the Crown?

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

this is a heraldic lion, a emblem with scottish ties. as far as I can recall, larry kolar, the gentleman who founded the company around the tubes, had scottish heritage, at least thats what I remember hearing, might be way off though. Maybe someone just thought it was cool LOL. If anyone wants the real scoop, you can either contact kolar direct, or possible try Louise Terry, Larry's daughter and current president of NSSA, directly @ lkt2002@bellsouth.net

8. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

9. chris g

chris g TS Member

It's a Griffin (from old french Grifon), a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. It was often portrayed without wings. Hence the Kolar logo. In antiquity it was a symbol of divine power and a guardian of the divine. Hasn't quite given me divine skills yet with their gun. Oh well.

10. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

See Earl I told you its a griffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. smsnyder

i have a Brussels Griffon dog. wonder if there related. my little dog has a heart of a lion and is very gentle.

12. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

just make shure the dog or cat does not poop on the new gun!!!!!!!!! kill the cat now to make shure!

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Problem with it being a Griffon is that there is NO eagle's head on the figure.

14. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Well, they wanted to use Mother-Nature-with-a-crown, but it was already taken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.