1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LION HUNTS FOR SALE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BILL GRILL, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shooting Kittys? Your going to get on Trons $hit list! LOL Great Pictures, what did that cat weigh? Bill

2. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

No dogs = No cat.

3. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

0   0   0

Hmmmm...let's see, a pack of dogs run one big cat up a tree and hold him there until a second pack of humans arrive and shoot the big cat out of the tree. Now there's something to be proud of.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

That isn't hunting......more like showing off the result of a dried up gene pool. If you must use dogs, then the final act should be you brave "hunters" crawl up that tree and try to stab the lion. Let's see who's on top of the food chain then!

AndyH

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

0   0   0

Lets drop off a few in your neighborhood ?????

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Why don't you leave those poor Kittens alone. Either that, or go one-on-one with one. Say you with a knife and the Kitty with it's teeth. Show us your a REAL man.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This thread has really upset Kitty. He said that this guy should be hung from a pine tree by one ankle and dangled in front of 6 mountain lions and see if he could fight them off.

I'm just telling you what he said.

8. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

0   0   0

Let me see, Pheasants with a dog, ducks with a dog, grouse with a dog, rabbits with a dog,coons with a dog, and fox with a dog. I think the friends of animals have struck again. It is easy to see none of the nay sayers have ever hunted lion and probably couldn't if they wanted to...............you boys need to move to the "left coast". You would fit right in............Roger

9. sasquach

sasquach Member

0   0   0

Sounds like a bunch of PETA members to me.

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sorry, but those pictures tell me just one thing: It just isn't my cup of tea. Taking a cat like this, when it is a threat to society is one thing, but, killing one just for sport is just plain against my principles... But, that's just the way I feel......Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

0   0   0

RogerNRA wrote" Let me see, Pheasants with a dog, ducks with a dog, grouse with a dog, rabbits with a dog,coons with a dog, and fox with a dog. I think the friends of animals have struck again. It is easy to see none of the nay sayers have ever hunted lion and probably couldn't if they wanted to...............you boys need to move to the "left coast". You would fit right in............Roger"

Well RogerNRA do you shoot:
    1. phesants out of a tree?
    2. ducks on a pond?
    3. grouse in a tree?
    4. rabbits in a hole?
    5. Well you shoot coons in a tree, I will give you that one.
    6. Do you shoot foxes in a hole or tree?

What kind of hunter are you? I hunt and don't have any problems with others that do. But shooting animals trapped in a tree... oh please! Guys like you give the hunters and the NRA a bad name.

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

0   0   0

Listen to the bleeding heart liberals on a shooting website. I hunt birds and rabbits with a dog. No different. As long as there are seasons and proper bag limits it is a renewable resource. There is a science to game management. Through studies you can determine how many hunters can harvest without adversely affecting the total population. You know, like when bleeding heart liberals support abortion because they know that a few million illegals from Mexico can offset the numbers. A certain number of these animals are going to die whether they are hunted or not. You know, like a certain number of old people living on the tax payer dollars with national health care will die with or without expensive treatment. Pretend the cat in the tree is a human and as a liberal you won't care if it is killed or not.

13. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

0   0   0

It does seem hardly sporting, and a little bit pathetic to shoot an animal while it is sitting in a tree looking at you. But, not being a PETA member,I would personally do it for the skin or a good mount. But the price of $4000-$6000 seems rediculously high. A guide in Williams, Arizona offered me a hunt for $2000. Neil Swenson

14. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

0   0   0

If you can't eat it why kill it? Do you eat them? If endangering ranches or humans kill it, if not leave it to old age, unless good with biscuits and gravy.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

0   0   0

I don't hunt predators. But there is nothing wrong with it. I don't hunt varmits, but there is nothing wrong with that. I have read that since they outlawed couger hunting in California couger attacks on people went up and now they hire government hunters to thin the big cats. Same number of dead cats but now instead of people paying to hunt them the government pays to thin them. Liberal logic. I have shot crows before. I don't eat them. I leave them rotting on the ground. I don't hunt any big game but I love watching these hunts on television. I love watching any hunting dogs work. That includes hounds. I watched a leopard hunt yesterday on television with hounds. Looked like a lot of fun to me. I watch bear hunts over bait and with hounds. I have watched pig hunts with dogs. I will never shoot a bear but like watching the hunts. We are such easy targets when liberal logic divides us. In a country that aborts a million humans a year I am always surprised how people get upset from a legal hunt of an animal. Maybe if you could watch a few shows showing a couger rip apart baby deer you wouldn't find it so upsetting. Or perhaps a couger killing someone on a hiking trail. I have saved the life of several cats on hunts when others wanted to shoot them. And I hate cats. I know they are very destructive though. House cats kill millions of song birds every year. We are the top predator. Nothing wrong with that as long as it is controlled with seasons and limits. Looks like people pay a lot of money for the privilege of hunting cougers. I will have to be content with watching the occasional hunt on television. I doubt if the animal killed cares whether it was for food or a trophy.

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I hate to tell you guys but I have eaten mountain lion and believe it or not you would never guess what it is. Also it is damn good. I do not want to hunt them like this but I do understand and support it. They hunt bear that way in Michigan and have for several years. jmho Bill

17. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bill, a couple hundred miles west of you, near the Wisconsin border is a town called Paulding (*look up "Paulding Light" for S&G, it's pretty interesting). In that town is a little place called "The Running Bear" resort. If you go to that resort any time in October, you will be able to hang with a group of fellas from NC who spend their whole month up there treeing bears. WHOA! I could tell you some amazing stories about these back-woods boys that you wouldn't believe. Anyway, they bring up about 20 dogs and go to town.

One thing that you'll notice is that there is astro turf on the hoods of their pick ups. That's where the lead dog stands while they drive the two tracks trying to pick up a scent. If that dog picks up a scent, they release the rest of the hounds and the chase is on.

They are a rough and tumble lot beyond words and you really should at least spend a weekend there.

18. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I guess us Squirrel hunters are supposed to wait for the Squirrel to come down out of the tree huh?...Bill

19. primer

primer TS Member

0   0   0

A dog pointing a bird, you walk up, it flys you kill it. A dog runs a Rabbit, when it comes by you kill it. A dog runs a Fox you kill it. Some of you folks shoot ground hogs, ground squirrels(sp) Crows, Black birds etc. Do you eat them?We are all shooters if one person likes to hunt that is his choice as long as it is legal. Who are you to say he is wrong. Shoot well and enjoy and let other people do the same.

20. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Walnut: I would love to come over to run those hounds and kill a longtail but I can't afford the price!Sorry but this is a trapshooters website and if you ever go to a trapshoot just stop and take a look at all of the SLIM and TRIM Athletic typos.You would have to provide some type of transportation for the 350 + pounders and then the dog's would have to tree up very close to the trail so the overweight hunter doesn't have a heart attack trying to climb the hill!!!! LOL :) PJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.