1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lion hunting show on Outdoor channel--Saturday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by walnutmaker, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

To those interested the long awaited Mountain lion hunting video shot with my son Nate Simms last year will air tomorrow morning at 5 am, Thursday at 330 pm and saturday night at 930pm eastern time. If you want to see how easy lion hunting is be sure to check it out. It's not as easy as some think! Phil Simms Stockmaker in Colorado Look on the oudoor channel!

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

It is showing on Ultimate Hunting with Knight and Hale and I just watched it on an advanced copy DVD. The show is super and it shows just how "easy" lion hunting is. I filmed the show and I can tell you Nate is super along with the other guys that guided us. This is the real deal if you want a lion hunt. I highly recommend Nate. Gerry Addison

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nuts, can't get it here. I guess I'll have to watch "The Ghost and the Darkness" again.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Fun hunt. Chase the cat up a tree with dogs. But, the dogs do all the work. Then walk up to the tree and shoot a very tired cat. Sounds like sportsmanship to me.............

5. sasquach

sasquach Member

Real sportsmen shoot itty bitty shot guns, watch Rosey Odonnel, and belong to PETA.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

never lion hunted but have coon hunted many times, walk up and down hills at night freezing to death, sometimes 2 miles, then get to the tree and the coon is in a hole... its probably not as easy as just walking up to the tree..

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The shooting part of the lion hunt is barely a footnote.

The guys that run the cats with hounds usually have all day chases over extremely rough terrain. Sometimes multiple days. Vehicles are of limited use even with GPS equiped tracking devices on the hounds. It is about as 'sporting' and wild as anything out there.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I always love the antihunting responses from the "real" hunters.

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

I'll tell you what shot410, watch the show and tell me about walking up to the tree. You'll see it just isn't that easy. But then you aren't really looking for facts are you. The area we hunted in had the Mule deer season closed because the lions had decimated them. A lion will take one deer a week and they have no predators. We walked our butts off climbing in knee deep snow, breaking through crusted snow every step at 8000 feet of altitude. Come on big boy, lets go for a little walk up to the tree! If you don't know anything about what you are talking about keep your mouth shut.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

esetter: I'm not anti-hunter. I am a hunter. I just don't like the method. You know what they say about guys that like to kill cats, don't you? Maybe, you would really like to swish a little around the tree.

11. pgithens

pgithens Member

blkcloud . . your response started "Never lion hunted before" and it should have ended there. That is like someone saying "I've never shot trap before. It looks pretty easy". If you admittedly don't know what you are talking about the best thing to do is not say anything.

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I guess hunters using dogs are not really hunting. I wouldn't want to hunt without a dog.

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

pgi did you read past the never lion hunted part??? i'm all for it. not sure why you are blasting me.. we have hunted with dogs for 30 years????????????? treed a few bobcat along the way too..............

14. esetter

esetter Active Member

I'll say again, come take a walk in the mountains with me behind a pack of hounds, in knee deep snow, and tell me again how easy it is. I'll say again, you don't know what you are talking about. There is nothing easy about it and the dogs were fantastic. I can make the same argument about sitting in a tree stand and shooting a deer or bear as they come to a food source. Really sporting right. Well I deer hunt, bear hunt, moose hunt, dall sheep hunt, antelope hunt, and mountain lion hunt, grouse hunt, turkey hunt, dove hunt, pheasant hunt, etc. They all are great, and I love every minute of all these types of hunting. Just because you have never done it, or can't do it don't knock the people that have done it, can do it, and want to do it.

By the way nice argument, when you can defend yourself talk about sexual orientation. Next you'll be talking about my mom wearing combat boots. Very mature.

15. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Well esetter anytime you need somebody to look for dogs i'd be more than happy to tag along. Since getting married the dog days have been few. But before the bride came along the lion in a tree count was over 110. Bears ? 400 ? miss it dearly Plotthound

16. pgithens

pgithens Member

blkcloud . . my apologies . . . right post . . wrong person. I was referring to shot410ga's post above.

17. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

I'll bet there are some people that think that bird or duck hunting with a dog
    is unsporting,as far as i'm concerned a day with a hard working dog is a day
    well spent.

18. esetter

esetter Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Dogs make hunting worth while and double the pleasure of a day in the woods. I raise English Setters and wouldn't bird hunt unless I was walking behind a good dog.

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Does anybody know why Lions lick thier butts?

...to get the taste of the African out of thier mouths

20. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

pgi.. no problem..thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.