1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Linn Creek

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Go Fish, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

I am going to Linn Creek for the MO state shoot next week. That will be my first time at Linn Creek. Any information or advice about shooting there would be helpful. Also, what are your ideas about playing any options in Handicap only. I am on the 21 yard line, got a Kolar last year and beginning to shot it OK. Had a 91 in the last handicap I shot. Ran 49 or the last 50. Thanks for any help.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

If you'd like to go home with $5000.00 bring about $7000.00,,,seriously,,

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

How to become a millionaire shooting trap, start with two million! :) Hap

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

This is one of the last trapshoots left that its worth playing the money in handicap. Depending on your class, the singles and doubles can pay nicely too.

5. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

been to MO state shoot and fall handicap several times and I am here to tell you that a 91 from any yardage won't pay you crap. If you are going to play options and can't break a 97 or better just play lewis. as far as where to shoot I prefer the higher numbered banks. east end of trap line.jmho

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This year all the traps will be automatic, so there is no "bad" bank. The club is so big that you will have a variety of back grounds, but a good score can be shot anywhere. If you like to park behind the trap you are shooting, get either a very low or very high bank number, the middle banks have vendors and other buildings between the traps and the parking lot. MO will pay out over $50,000 in trophies, prizes and guaranteed added money. There is $17,000 total added money, of which $10,000 is donated by Jim Overstreet. MO also gives out 386 trophies combined to in and out of state shooters. Hope to see ya there....

7. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

i used to shoot there every year, havent been there in years(havent been anywhere) but my advice is bring a rain suit, cause i am betting it will rain. and as far as the traps go i have shot all over the place there but i prefer the houses that are in about the middle of the range and a little to the west, but not the ends of the range, good luck, linn creek always has an awesome shoot!

Kye Atherton

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have been shooting for over 45 years. I have probably shoot at Mo. 25- 30 years. If you are not sure you can break 98 in hdcp, You are probably better saving your option $$. Lewis is always a maybe but at least you don't have to win to get money back.

I have broken 2 98's from 27 at the GAH the best "purse" only payout was $300. In the early '70s I won $400+ "purse" only for a 95 from 23. This is what has been happening with payouts over the years. I shoot for fun and don't worry. Not a has-been I won HAA, HOA, & B class sgl.s at us open

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
linn creek mo trap shoot
linn creek shooting club

linn creek trap shoot

linn creek trap shoot results
linn creek trap shooting
lynn creek trap shoot
mo traps at linn creek
state shoot in linn creek mo