1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Link for Perazzi Serial Numbers and date of MFG???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Anyone got a "link" that I could access to look up Perazzi serial numbers to date a gun's year of manufacture?? Thanks, Rick .... Texas

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Perazzi book by Carl Lippard that will have the info. If you want it, let me know. Roy A. Morton

3. gordy h

gordy h Member

I would love to have a book like that, what's the title, etc. where did you buy it? thanks Butch H

4. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Butch,

The book ramorton is talking about is "Perazzi Shotguns" by Karl C. Lippard. You can buy it here: http://www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com/cgi-bin/rrb455.cgi/9679 or several other places for a little bit less.

The book is a great read and useful reference and can give you an idea of the age of Perazzis by their serial number, but there is no definitive list provided that will nail down the age of a gun unless it happens to be one of the guns he has listed. I believe the book was printed in 1994, so even if there was a list of serial numbers, the information would only be accurate up to that date. This book is a mainstay in my favorite bathroom. It is worth buying, no matter the publish date.

The easiest way to date an Italian gun is to use the proof mark table, but this will only date your barrels, so if your serial numbers don't match, you might be fooling yourself. You can call Perazzi USA at (626) 334-1234 and they will give you the date if you can't use the proof table. Here is a link to the proof mark table:

http://api.ning.com/files/JMz6ABrC3kYMWBtbGWqVIjKW3OFoXAfFdSd8J5cJoYszH5Lc8Md6b864aodgK1xWajHgIB0xezfSgb1euXssBbFfHJZcRjhi/BillMarshageofItalianguns.jpg

Bruce

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use the link shown above. My TMX and MX3 both have code "AI" which means my barrels were proofed in 1982. The single barrel that fits my MX3 was proofed in 1993 and it came from an MX6 or MX7.

6. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Look on my site under "Italian Gun Identification" match the number or the letter that you have on your gun and you will find when your gun was made.
    Marcello Giuliani

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You can even buy th ebook from Karl down in Colorado Springs.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi date of manufacture by serial number
perazzi manufacture dates
perazzi serial number manufacture date

perazzi serial numbers

perazzi shotgun serial number history

perazzi shotgun serial numbers

perazzi tm1 serial numbers

perazzi year of manufacture