1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lincoln Traps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Virgil, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgil

Virgil Member

I have a Lincoln 3/4 cock trap with a double arm and a blue spring. According
    to the literature, I should be getting 65-68 yards on a double presentation but
    I only get about 40-45 yards. I have made adjustments and I have talked to Shyda's but I also thought I would use this forum to see if anyone had experienced a similar problem and, if so, what resolution you might have for the problem. The application here is for sporting clays and not trap or skeet.
    Thanks.

Virgil

2. Virgil

Virgil Member

I'm running the above post back to the top. Perhaps this will pick up some new readers/posts. If not, thanks for reading my post. I may try a new spring although Shyda's indicate that their springs should be good for millions of throws. It is well used but I don't think that it has thrown a million birds.

Virgil

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

You could try a red spring. The guys in sporting clays at Tri-County Coonhunters use them to throw 3 birds at once. A white to represent a hen/female and two orange to represent a cock/male. We call it a poison bird because you can't shoot the white one or you loose points. Nevertheless the red spring will throw 2 birds probably as far as you could desire.

Good Luck, John E.

4. Virgil

Virgil Member

Thanks John E. I have another Lincoln with a red spring. I will probably replace my blue spring with a red one. Also I may get some different arms for the trap. Spicing up shooting games is always fun and that is what it is all about. If you can't have fun shooting then I feel why do it. BTW is the Tri-County Coonhunters that you refer to located at Batesville, IN. I don't live too far from there.

Virgil

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Virgil, yep, Tri County Coonhunters is in Batesville, Indiana. They are shooting sporting clays tomorrow (New Years Day) at the farm along State Road 129 just North of Adams Church Road. They have a 100 bird course for $30 non-member and $25 member. They also have the 50/75 bird course for $13/$20?

Shoot starts at 8:00 a.m. and goes until about 3:00 p.m. Come over and watch the Lincolns in action and shoot some. We will have 2 more shoots on January 24 (I think) and on February 28,2010

Happy New Year, John Ertel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lincoln trap springs

lincoln traps

lincoln traps repair manual

lincoln traps shyda
lincoln trsps