1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

limited edition trap shooting picture

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just wondering what the trapshooting limited edition print by artist John Pritko 1990 is worth now. I have number 159/375 . This was a great print of a trapshooter standing on the 27 yard line. Towel at his side shooting vest on and leather shotgun case at his feet. What ever happened to the artist?

2. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Often wondered the same thing, as I had one and sold it in 1995 for $200. I would doubt that they are many of them floating around for sale today. Not a great work, but special to some of us.

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

died in 1992

http://articles.mcall.com/1992-10-09/news/2893296_1_art-teacher-wildlife-artist-chisel-award

4. smsnyder

Wow he died a young man. Died two years after this print was made. I see he won the Pa handicap event in 1981. I love his picture. It sits framed in my living room with all my other Ata trapshooting items.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Picture?

6. smsnyder

I just seen the picture in this months issue of Trapshooting USA page 58 . A very limited edition print. Only 375 made in 1990.

7. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

I beleive that Mr. Pritko's limited edition print was commissioned by Frank Rively. Dr. Rively sold the prints at major Pennsylvania shoots over the years. I'd be surprised it there are any still available. It is possible. The picture in Trapshooting USA is of a retired Lehigh Valley Trapshooter's League trophy, on display at North End Rod and Gun Club in New Tripoli, Pennsylvania. One of the many Lehigh Valley clubs where John Pritko enjoyed our sport.

Play Dead

8. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Here is a copy of the image.

Play Dead

9. smsnyder

Thank you for posting picture.

10. kenf

kenf Active Member

I bought one of these prints from Doc Rively about two years back, and at the time, it sounded like he had a few left, not many though. Great looking print, reminds me I need to get mine framed.

11. Butler

Butler TS Member

I would be interested in buying the print, or another one like it, if anybody has one or knows where I can get one It would be appreciated: Jim Butler
    307-689-1793 jjplumbing@vcn.com thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

john pritko prints