1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LIMIT AT WALMART

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by A CHANCE, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

Wal Mart limiting amunition purchase to 3 boxes of ammo. I have a better idea dont but any from them bet they come around.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason is not some conspiracy against guns but to do the customer a favor?

The sign at my local Wal Mart reads:

To give all customers a chance to buy ammunition, we are limiting customers to (3) boxes per visit.

The Sporting Goods Mangager told me he had guys waiting in the sporting goods deptartment when he would get to work in the morrning. He restocks after he arrives. They were completely cleaning the shelves off and nobody else had a chance.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I hit up about 5 Dick's and 6 Walmarts last night. Only one walmart had something I'd be interested in, 50 round boxes of Remington Thunderbolt .22lr for about 2 bucks a box. But with the 3 box limit, it wasn't worth it to try and hunt someone down to get them for me, so I left. If someone was standing right at the counter, I probably would have bought three, or if there were no limit, I would have found someone and bought them all, but neither was the case so I moved on.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The news reported that most Walmart stores were limiting amounts of shells people could purchase in a 24 hr period. Even they (the liberal press) figured it out, Walmart like all other stores can't get it from their suppliers.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I heard this on CNN this morning, and went to the nearest Walmart. New signs were all over with the limit. I ask the kid working was that 3 boxes of the same kind of ammo, or 3 boxes total? He didn't know, but assumed 3 total. Then I asked about the 4-packs of Federal and Winchester shot-shells, when they get them in. He said you could buy 3 since they are actually a 100 round pack.

I'm going to buy ammo from Walmart in the future...The two gun shops by me, that I have patronized for years, is gouging the hell out of customers with the ammo and guns they have left. I've told the one owner, that I've know for 30 years, you have seen the last of me.

Wayne

6. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Our local Wally started this a couple weeks back, which was surprising as ours is always a week behind everything, even on the flyer they send out.

I was in there this morning getting a bag of dog food and swung by sporting goods on the way back. They had plenty of .22 and .22 mag and at least a box of every pistol caliber, lots of .380. Rifle was well stocked, even the steel cased commie ammo for 5.99.

I talked to the gal with the key to the cabinet about the 3 box limit and she told me of a local fellow (even named him, well known local jackass and a shirt-tail relative of mine) who would come in and buy all the .22, 9mm, and 7.62x39mm whenever the shelves were re-stocked before the limit was put on. He is not happy with the new policy. I know for a fact that his garage is half full of old style 100 watt bulbs that he hoarded up because they were not going to be sold anymore.

So I have no problem with WalMart giving everyone a chance to get some ammo. Instead of selling it to hoarders and gouging re-sellers on Gunbroker.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    grntitan hit the nail on the head.

The limit is to thwart the hoarders, who would snatch up all the ammo leaving everyone else high and dry.

There has been a crazy-stupid run on ammo here. Even all the 30-30 ammo is gone.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Kind of interesting to watch this current ammo panic. Seems more extreme than the previous two. Any bets how long it will last?

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I thought everyone was supposed to boycott Wally World.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'm not hoarding anymore ammo

Got enough to last for many years and ordered it before everybody started hoarding

Guess I'm a pre hoarder

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No Catpower - we are 'off season' hoarders. We will resume our hoarding when the frenzy is over even though we will still have ammo in reserve.

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Wayne....
    What you saw in your local gun shops has been amplified around here. The "good-old-Mom-and-Pop" shops got to Wal-Mart...CLEANED THEM OUT...took the shells to their local gun shop, Doubled the prices...then sat back and laughed.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What is the problem with giving more people the opportunity to purchase something in demand for their own private use?

What if one individual purchased everything and then resold for a profit- is that better?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. birdyklr

birdyklr Member

Seriously 3 boxes now let me see I shoot around 250 shells on sunday thats 10 boxes. Just stop selling them and Dicks the name sums them up.

15. Skeety7

Skeety7 Member

Good deal stop people from putting it in bomb shelters or re selling it. Fair to all.They should have done it from the start.

16. stra5567

stra5567 TS Member

Plentyof guys buying at Walmart and reselling at gun shows for twice the price. Not the American way!!!!!!!!!

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

All gun stores where I live have ammo limits.....a lot of bad-mouthing of Walmart on the part of "Union Types"......Nowadays, buy ammo anywhere you can at fair prices.....

The anti-Walmart crowd should go to the small stores and get ripped-off if it makes them feel better....I won't!

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

3 four packs equal 300 rounds times 7 days equals 2100 rounds of 12 ga. That ought to last you a little while. What's the problem??

Don

19. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Our local wal mart put a limit on the 550 rd federal 22s a couple of years ago we had a dealer that would hit 4-6 wal marts and buy all the 22s for 9.97 and sell them in his shop for 21.97 A lot of people complained to the manager and she put the limit so others could get some also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.