1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Limbsaver

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim75, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim75

Jim75 TS Member

Has anyone been able to grind one of these pads successfully? We are having major problems with this gummy stuff.Most of these jobs aren't so bad once you get on the right track ,but this one....
    Thanks for the help,
    Jim

2. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

Try freezing it then you can grind it

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

I've ground at least a half a dozen of these, and they do take some getting used to, especially the toe. They say to put them in the freezer, it doesn't help. I'm using a 12" disc sander with a 100 grit disc set at about 2000 rpm. Just go real slow into the disc and then real slow while grinding. After you get it the size you want it, then take some turtle wax and apply to the edges, it really makes it look sharp. The main thing I can tell you is to not force the pad into the disc, it will bite really bad and leave the edge very rough and torn. Grinding these pads is definitly a first-hand experience type thing, they are done all by feel. Hope this helps. Garrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.