1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Likes/Dislikes on Browning 725 Sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by woodski, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodski

woodski Member

How do you like or dislike the new Browning 725 Sporting shotgun? I have read good things and got to shoot one a couple times and it seems like a good handling shotgun. I'm thinking about the 32 inch barrels as the one I shot had these and it seemed very light handling compared to my XS Skeet 30 inch? Any thoughts on how you like yours would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob W.

2. woodski

woodski Member

Well I went ahead and bought a 725 w/32inch barrels and LOVE IT! The trigger pull of 3 1/2 lbs will take a little getting used to but sure is nice (shot an 84 in sporting clays with two premature light trigger misses).I would highly recommend this shotgun. Bob W.

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I shot a few birds with my friends new 725 30" sporting gun. Nice balance gun with good light trigger. Not as crisp as my DT10L but still nice.
    Very nice gun. I would buy one if I was in the market for a new gun.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Browning makes a fine firearm...unfortunately their warranty and customer service sucks. ANYTHING sent to the Arnold, MO warranty repair center gets the standard 6 month rush turnaround.

5. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have shot the Browning 425 and really like it. Have any of you shot the previous Browning versions, and can give a comparison of what the 725 is like?

I heard the 325 and 425 had less drop in the stock than the 525, 625, and 725. Also, the only difference in the 525, 625, and the 725, is that the 725 has mechanical triggers.

Steve

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

DISLIKE....NOT MADE IN USA

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I visited Browning's website, and agree, that's a very nice gun, Bob. The lowered profile, improved trigger, lengthened forcing cones and newly designed recoil pad make it a very attractive package. I bought a 525 Sporting when they first came out and have put thousands of trouble free rounds through it. Congratulations, it looks as if you've made an excellent choice.

best...mike

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

daddiooo, you hit the nail on the head. Great product offset by lousy service. I bought a 32" Gran Prix sporting, and the tubes wouldn't fit in the barrels because the threads weren't chased correctly at time of manufacture. New, unfired, 2 days old, and Missouri quoted me 5 months to fix the problem. The gun went back to the dealer, and I went back to my Perazzi. Too bad...it was a great gun!

9. woodski

woodski Member

Mike, you are right on with all the stats and it's all it was suposed to be in my oppinion. Light recoiling (new pad & lengthened forcing cones), great trigger (once you get used to 3 1/2 lbs pull/, and lower profile fit me to a tee right out of the box (I'm 6-2 & 225lbs). I've had quite a few Browning's in my time and this one is the best by far (No Problems with any of them.)I'm going to keep this one for a good long time (my friends will laugh at this statement) :-0 May God Bless continue to bless us with opportuities to change guns! Thanks, Bob

10. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I've got RA and had sworn off over unders due to recoil issues before I ran into the 725. The light trigger pulls offset hand issues. The short grip was more comfortable for my hand than anything else I had handled from a factory. The balance (32") was a bit forward for my preference, but I added an AutoBuster from Ken Rucker to help deal with recoil and the added weight,4.5 ounces was just the ticket to get the gun moving the way I liked. I'm working with shells now to keep recoil tolerable for my sorry sack of bones. All in all,it is quite a nice package. At a real world price of $26-2700, it's tough to beat, if one likes the weight.

Mine was 7-15 out of the box, 8-3.5 with the Auto Buster. It one has large hands, you might want to see how the grip works for you. With the trigger all the way back, it's 3 1/4 inches from the center of the trigger to the toe of the grip, 3 3/4" with the trigger all the way forward. Barrel weight with Imod and Full chokes was 1596 grams. The more open chokes weigh less (36-44 grams). The old muzzle flare to accomodate the choke tubes is gone. As I said earlier, it really is a nice package of features.

The only thing I don't like is the wiggle in the trigger guard, but I won't lose any sleep over that one.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning 725 problems
browning 725 sporting problem
browning 725 trigger issues
browning 725 trigger mechanism

browning 725 trigger problem

browning 725 warranty
loose trigger guard browning 725 sporter
loose trigger mechanism browning 625