1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Likes and dislikes of Caesar Gureni o/u trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Aug 15, 2013.

1. butcher

butcher Member

What do you like and what don't you like about Caesar Gureni over and under trap guns?

2. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

I hear their service department is the best in the industry.

3. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Same action design as B. Rizinni and barrels that lately have had a few issues; both not good things in a competition gun. For the price of a CG there are much better alternatives.

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Do a search and you will find all you want and notice the same pattern when this question is asked,the owners tend to love them while the non-owners talk down about them.

As far as barrels,excellent with chokes that throw great patterns,don't know of any barrel issues,there are 2 forums over on Shotgun World dating back several years with very few of any type problems being reported.

I've now owned three with my trap top single having the most rounds thru it, around 40K, gun has stayed tight over that period with lever still to the right. Trigger is one of the best of any gun I've owned,little takeup and a crisp 3.5 pounds. Stock and rib adjustments work well and stay put. Use the supplied chokes,as mentioned they pattern beautifully but on the tight side.

I have had to use their service once, a bar the trigger attaches to broke, fixed rapidly with an updated part for no charge including an annual service. As far as I'm concerned if you shoot any target gun long enough you will need some work done and Guerini tries really hard to provide quality service, most at no charge.

I realized this year that the Guerini has taken any desire away for me to own another trap gun,it works as it should and any missed birds are my lack of focus and not the gun. Plan on holding on to this one and giving their lifetime warranty a test.

Put a link to a recent Shooting Sportsman article on Guerini which details more on the company and how they have grown.

JohnR

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Unless you own a Guerini and put 40,000 + rounds though the gun. You can not appreciate the quality if the gun. They work and keep working with very little maintenance. I have 3 Guerini's and would buy another one.
    I have not heard of any barrel problems. Guerini lighten up the barrels on there sporting gun but that all I heard about.
    In fact I like what Guerini did with Fabarm and wanted to try out the new Fabarm Axis. So I bought one. So far it a rock sold gun with good handling in a good price range.
    John

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

bossbassl............would you elaborate on your claims of action and barrel issues.

7. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I don't own a CG.

About 6 people at our club do and they all like they way they shoot and feel.

However, at least 3 of them have had wood issues; Forearm splitting, stock splitting at receiver on two of them and one with finish coming right off was less than a month old...

Two of them can't get their chokes out of the barrels...

I can't pass judgement one way or another, but over 50% with some form of issue???

We looked hard at a CG for my son, but spent more for a Kolar. We had an issue with trigger, it was resolved same day by Kolar.

I think any gun (high end or lower end) can have an issue, how well the company resolves the issue should be part of your decision.

SW

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

15k through mine no issues.

When the tubes are new you need to remove and lube them after you shoot, the carbon steel gets broke in then your good to go.

Love mine, works for me.

9. APrice

APrice Active Member

JohnR gave the best, most accurate response.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Love mine...comfortable to shoot...workmanship excellent and everything well thought out...except my only gripe is the gun not coming with a barrel selector from the factory..until I get mine retrofitted..I'm bottom barrel first no mater what which hurts when I use my trap gun for sporting and need to fire the tighter barrel first..I hate to, and don't carry choke tubes)

11. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Great gun. Every bit the equal to a Perazzi.

12. APrice

APrice Active Member

sky buster, as much as I love my CG, and even though it has displaced my Perazzis as my go to trap gun, calling it "every bit the equal" is quite a stretch. For roughly half the price (new) of a Perazzi, I think the CG is a better buy, but is not the equal in design or materials. Also, at this point we will need more time to determine durability and long-term reliability. I have a Perazzi combo with more than 500K through it and still going strong. I won't live long enough to do that with a CG.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I personally own a CG w/32"O/U Bbls and they both shoot the way they are supposed to, and same POI, they shoot 110% High at highest setting, I made mine shoot higher to 125% I raised the POI 6 inches.

But this is my secret, and it works, very, very easy to do.

A friend told me he saw a lot of Caesar Guerini guns being shot at the Grand.

He said the popularity is on the rise.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I've owned TM-1's, TM-X, MX-8 and MX-2000. For the average
    trap shooter, the Guerini is every bit the equal of a Perazzi.
    I can't predict how the comparison will play out after 75,000
    rounds or so but most trap shooters won't exceed that in 20 years.
    I'm presently shooting a Alfermann and have never seen it's equal.
    (Yes, I have owned a Silver Seitz).

15. rossi690

rossi690 Active Member

I have a CG Summit trap combo, and love it dearly,no problems, but I'm still going to buy a Kolar TS in the fall.

16. Slugo

Slugo Member

as good and if not better than any production Italian shotgun. Without a doubt the best customer service of anybody. Also, the prettiest guns!!

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If the Perazzi is of superior design to the Guarini, why do the hammer springs break at the most inopportune time? Why do most Perazzi owners have a couple of triggers? Why do most Perazzis have non-selective triggers? Looking at all of the high-end competition, they all seemed to have solve these problems and Perazzi seems to have ignored them. They may feel great and swing well and break targets BUT why hasn't Perazzi solved some of the most fundamental issues in their design?

18. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

I have shot a Perazzi since 1971. I still do not know if they even have a service department or not. LOL

Roger

19. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shot them at the Grand Wed.8-14-13 Very Nice Looking Guns but the guns were rusty on the mono blocks and very stiff to open and close. It did rain Tuesday for 1/2 hour.All the other vendors took time to fit the gun to us. At C.G./ F.A.they said pick one see if it fits.Not a good first impression stiff, rusting need some grease little customer care.

Now we had two at the club 1 Maxum combo the owner had 40K + through it and the frame was wearing at the grove that the Ejector goes in, so we inspected the other unsinsle gun with only 5K+ and it had a sharp edge at the same area peened over metal at the ejector grove. You would think that the ejector should be softer then the Frame.So I asked at the Grand about the wear and got a look like a deer in the head lights.Not enough grease not enough maintenance could be but I still think the replaceable part should be the softest part not the Frame.

Owners check your guns and maintain I hope this is all that is needed.

Yes the owner of the Maxum has Pics and now owns a Kolar

John G.

20. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Search tags for this page

are there any reliability issues with caesar guerini shotguns

caesar guerini shotguns likes dislikes

ceasar guerini ejector settings video

gueriniejector

how do i remove the ejectors from a cesar geurini shotgun

how to remove guerini ejectors