1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Like Father Like Son - Illinois Politics

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Recoil Sissy, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

More trouble for Roland Burris?
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:55 PM From NBC's Mark Murray

Uh, oh. The Chicago Sun-Times: "The son of embattled Sen. Roland Burris is a federal tax deadbeat who landed a $75,000-a-year state job under former Gov. Rod Blagojevich five months ago... Blagojevich's administration hired Roland W. Burris II as a senior counsel for the state's housing authority Sept. 10 -- about six weeks after the Internal Revenue Service slapped a $34,163 tax lien on Burris II and three weeks after a mortgage company filed a foreclosure suit on his South Side house."

More: "A spokeswoman for the Illinois Housing Development Authority indicated Wednesday there was nothing improper about Burris II's employment by the agency... Burris II's hiring, however, raises more questions about Sen. Burris' interactions with Blagojevich and his inner circle at a time when the governor was soliciting Sen. Burris for campaign contributions and Burris was angling to have Blagojevich appoint him to the Senate seat once held by President Obama."

--------------

sissy

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

With all his tax trouble, maybe young Burris is angling for an Obama cabinet appointment.

You can be sure young Mr. Burris was the best candidate for the job with the Housing Authority. At least he has some experience, facing near eviction from his own home.

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

One more thing for Roland to put on his mausoleum monument, right after he adds: first black senator to be kicked out of office. Maybe he can figure out something positive to put there about his deadbeat kid.

I'm in Florida for a couple weeks. Getting a lot of laughs when I tell people where I'm from. I just say, "Illinois, where the governors make the license plates."

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You guys act as tho your suprized by all this! Your either out of staters or new to Illinois politics. Couple more years and I'm out of this mess

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Illinois, vote early and vote often ... Even the dead people get to vote in the "Land of Lincoln", not to mention get good jobs with the State and all of the benefits ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

It just never ends with those people. That's all they know. It's just a matter of time before hussein is exposed. When a liberal politician promises an ethical, open and honest administration,,that is the time they should be investigated. Just look at hussein's cabinet and nominees!!!

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Those of us that live here are not feeling the love form the rest of you!

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you all hate Illinois so much why did you move the Grand here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.