1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightest factory 12ga shells?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What are some of the lightest factory made 12ga shells that will cycle an 1100 with opened up gas ports?

For a winter project I'm going to dig my old 1100T out of the safe and see if I can resolve the failure to feed the next shell out of the mag tube. Problem is the gas ports have been opened up, and regular shells and especially cheap promo loads cycle the bolt too fast. I need recommendations for factory cream puff loads to see what might cycle the bolt at a more reasonable velocity.

(The link goes to an old thread about this gun.)

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Brian,

The lightest loads I know of are the Winchester Feather Lite's

I think 26 grams of shot (about 15/16 ounce) at about 980 fps.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

You might try Remington's light recoil load. It's 1 1/8 oz. @ 1100 fps. velocity.........really a nice load.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Brian, timb99's recommendation is the lightest on the market that Iam aware of.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Remington STS-1100 FPS-7/8 oz of 81/2--very light---you can change the gas valve springs on a 391 for low volume gas shells--they are available from Cole Guns in Maine.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.