1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightest commanly available Perazzi 31.5 barrels?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

What would be some of the lighter wieghts I could expect to find in 31.5 Perazzi barrels? I am looking at tapered flat rib models. I am shooting a set of 32" barrels that are 1.71kgs and just wondering how much wieght I can save.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Weight in kg. on the barrel were stamped before they're threaded for choke tubes. Once the chokes are in, weight changes. There're no regulation require to weight barrels + choke tubes in Italy.

Factory barrels were made differently with or w/o side ribs, barrel attachments are also different, side ribs makes weight differences, but not the sole reason. You can order barrels with specific weights. But usually they'll find you one close to what you need.

Factory big bore barrels are the same thickness.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

My current barrels are 32" and marked 1.71 + C/Ts. I am looking at going to 31.5s that are lighter than what I have to accomplish two things. 1. I am thinking of trying to get some wieght off my RT arm(left handed shooter) for Sporting. 2. I am thinking if I can find a lighter set of barrels, if I have them tubed for skeet they would wiegh around what my 1.71s do now. I don't want any more wieght up front than I have now.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

The one listed above on Gunbroker has barrels that weigh 1.469 because of the backboring. The people there I talked to don't know crap about Perazzis and their gunsmith is a moron, BUT: this might be what you are looking for.

BTW, they said they would take $6,500 for the gun....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.