1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightening The Pull on My 1100 Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Landshark, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have an 1100 as a Sc and backup trap gun. Compared to my K-80 and TM-1, the trigger feels like it's 10lb pull. Is there an aftermarket spring I can buy to get the pulll weight lighter?

Would also like to try a trigget shoe.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Just change the trigger spring, there are after market ones available. Or you can probably find one that will work at your local hardware store. HMB

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

For the Rem. 1100 and 870 I do reccomend a trigger show on a pull or release trigger as the factory trigger is narrow and flat and a good feel of the trigger is less than desired.

I always used a trigger shoe on them.

When installing the trigger shooe and it is fit properly, loosen each screw independently and re-tighten several times so that the allen screw makes a dent in the trigger, and it will not loosen for you while shooting.

I have used JB Weld to fill any gaps and make an excellent fit of the trigger shoe.

You normally do not have to remove the trigger itself.

I like the different triggers that Browning furnishes with some of their guns
    so you can select the best fitting ones.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

replace the sear spring, this will get you down to about a 3 or 3.5lbs trigger pull and only costs about $10 shipped.

http://www.barnesgunparts.com/remington-11008701187-.html

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

you can also cut a loop or so off the original spring with a small pair of dykes. start with 1 loop and go a quarter of a loop at a time till you get the feel you desire.

6. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

There is a spring kit available for the 1100, just google 1100 trigger spring.

Three springs 3" - 5". Sear springs, simple to change.

7. mikey357

mikey357 Active Member

Or, you could buy the Remington OEM "Light Pull" Trigger Spring--Assuming your gun

doesn't ALREADY have one--the Remington Part # is: F91771...It is available @

Brownell's--THEIR Part # is: 767-000-715WB... Retail Price:$7.99

Dealer Price:$6.02 Status:In Stock Catalog page 607 ...HTH....Mike S.

8. Landshark

Landshark Member

Thank you all for the help.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Eight dollars for a spring, they must be kidding. Fifty cents at your local hardware store. Same with the O ring for the magazine tube, three for a dollar at the hardware store. HMB

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

A few years ago, I won an 870 in a raffle with an atrocious trigger pull.

Went to Alan Timiny and asked if he would lighten it. He asked if I knew how to take the trigger group out and replace the trigger spring. I said that I did. He then said "Dig out $3 and I'll be right back."

He handed me a small plastic bag with a dozen springs in it and said "Try them until you find the pull that you like!"

2nd spring was perfect pull!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
f91771 spring
remington 1100 shotgun-how to lighten trigger pull

remington 91771

remington f91771
remington-11008701187 trigger kit