1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightening a PFS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried to lighten a PFS from its bone stock configuration? I know there's not much material there and that its mostly aluminum, but I can definitely see places where metal can be shaved off to save on weight. Just not sure if the amount that can be removed would be worthwhile.

2. skeet_man

I'm think more along the lines of hogging out the recoil pad plate, ect anywhere where there's more metal than is absolutely necessary. I wonder if 4-6oz could be shaved off.

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I feel sure some weight could be removed but why? It has been designed to fit most everyone with its range of adjustment and I have yet to see what reducing overall weight can help. The overall weight helps to reduce the felt recoil along with the help of the absorber to provide the comfortable range of recoil.
    I even produced an addittional 6 oz add on weight to help reduce recoil even further. That was the max limit..any more length to the weight and it would have bottomed out the way I had the stock adjusted
    It was the closest stock I ever had to a custom fit

Big Jack.

4. skeet_man

My gun is over 11lb right now. I'd like to shave as much weight out of it as possible.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

FYI, the PFS (sans screw-on weights) on my K-80 weighs exactly the same as the wood stock with aftermarket adjustable comb and buttplate.

6. skeet_man

STS- Ti would add weight. I shudder to think what scandium would cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.