1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

light O/U barrels for doubles..

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miketmx, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I like the weight of my MX3 barrels without any side ribs. I have seen the side ribs come loose on a thoroughly used MX-8 and it was near impossible to get the POI right again after the repair.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Light barrels, and light guns, will swing faster, but for some the swing can be a little irregular and easier to stop just as one shoots. A heavy barrel (gun) will swing a bit slower but it is more difficult to stop the swing as the trigger is pulled/released. Which is best varies among shooters. A shooter with a strong and heavy upper body will most often prefer a heavier gun. As I have aged, I have changed from shooting a very heavy gun to shooting a medium weight gun. Removing 6 oz of mercury from the middle of my barrels did much more than just making the gun 6 oz lighter. Six oz at the end of a lever can be a lot.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.