1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Light 20bore Loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jamesf, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesf

jamesf TS Member

Have any of you folks loaded 20bore cartridges with 1/2oz of shot? If so, I have Remington cases and all powder and primers available. My grand daughter is very small and I'd like to start her with very light 20bore cartridges, even lighter than 3/4oz.

I'm not buying her a .410 but I do have an O/U 20bore Perazzi with a Wenig youth stock.

If you have a recipe, let me know.

Jim

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Years ago.. Dupont listed a 3/4oz load with HS700X.. I use to load that with a taller Ljutic 1 piece mono-wad and 5/8oz shot.. Pressure was low.. and it shot well enough to destroy skeet targets.. I'm thinking around 1100 fps shot charge.. full choke... but as there was no plastic wad.. it opened up more than wads do today.. Don't quote me.. but I'm thinking it was about 12 grains of HS700X powder in plastic AA hull.. winchester primer.. ljutic fiber wad..(can use any fiber wad) to get the right crimp height.. 5/8oz shot #9's or 8.5's..

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My 20 ga loads are 11gr-11.2gr of Solo 1000 with 7/8 shot and they seem to have little recoil . 700X has a bit more punch to it but I have many boxes of them too . Prefer the Solo for younger kids .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.