1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Light 1-1/8 oz. load with Claydot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Does anybody load any 1-1/8 oz. loads with claydot powder that wont beat you up to bad?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I just used up the last of my Red Dot and ordered some Clay Dot. Red Dot seems to be hard to come by at the moment. I looked on the Alliant reloading guide, (see link) and there seems to be some 1145 fps loads I plan to try. I will probably go with using 1 oz of shot more often. Mark

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Remington hull 17 gr. claydot cheddite primer and windjammer wad,fairly soft burns clean.Jerry

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I load 17.4 with a 'jammer wad and 1 oz of 8's. I put this in a Remmy hull with a W209 primer. Very soft and absolutely tuns the target into dust. If you want to soften it up a little more, use the same amount of powder in a Fed paper with a 12S0 wad 1 oz shot and a W209 Primer. That one feels like a 28ga and still breaks them with authority!

ss

5. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

17.5 gr. Claydot, Cheddite primer, DRXl118 wad, sts-nitro-gunclub hull, 1-1/8 oz of shot, blisters targets, and has a very light recoil.

17 gr. Claydot, Cheddite Primer, DRXL1 wad, sts-nitro-gun club hull, 1 oz of shot great for singles and first shot in doubles.

Clay dot is a Great all around powder. Although there are few recipes for it using the cheddite primers, I e-mailed Aliant and they responded with "Use the recipes that call for a W209 they are very close to the Cheddite primers"

Mark

6. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I like Az Outlaw, but I use a Winchester 209 primer. Both of his loads are nice.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

16.5 Claydot drxl 1 1/8.

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Just drop the speed down to 1100 or 1090 fps and go from the manual. There will be plenty of loads available. Actually I guess I might have to back up, they used to just have you look up Clays loads and duplicate them. Since I load Clays, I know there are tons of loads available in that speed range with a variety of components.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

claydot light 1 oz loads