1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lifespan of a BT99??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FIB, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I was curious if anyone knew what the lifespan of a BT 99 is expected to be? How many rounds with good maint. can one expect to put through a BT 99 before factroy maint.?...TIA....Randy

2. FIB

FIB Member

I was curious if anyone knew what the lifespan of a BT 99 is expected to be? How many rounds with good maint. can one expect to put through a BT 99 before factroy maint.?...TIA....Randy

3. gusto777

gusto777 Member

FIB . . I bought a used BT99 from a friend of mine in 1993. The gun was made in 1977 and he was the original owner. I shot it consistantly until earlier this year when I bought a new Browning top single combo. I spent approx. $300.00 since I owned the gun for minor repairs. They are great guns. I consider them the workhorse of trap guns. Still shoot it periodically and still love the gun.

Gus

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

my bt99 is dated back to 71...was poorly taken care of, loose as a goose but still smokes the targets.

5. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

FOREVER!!! You can,t wear one out.

6. welderman

welderman TS Member

I puchased my BT99 new in 1980 and have shot more than 200,00 rounds through it with very little maintainance. The only part that has broken twice is the ejector extension (p/n#3724). It's an easy part to replace, costs about $20.00 and lasts for a long time. The gun works okay without it, but won't eject fired shells. It's a great gun. TomS (welderman)

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would think you can continue to rebuild them- havent heard anything to the contrary

locking bolts and hinge pins for major rebuilds

pins and springs as maitenance

Gene

breach faces of the newer ones appear to erode less than the earlier ones -- that could be the ultimate problem but I wouldnt worry about it

30-50 thousand rounds is the preached rebuild time for BT99s

8. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Mine was made in 1969....My Dad shot ...alot.....I shot it ...ALOT...my son shot it and I now use it as a loaner gun for the SCTP team I am a coach for...so far the only thing that I have had to replace is a top lever....I think we've gotten our money out of it and it is still going strong... Kym

9. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

No clue how long they last...I've never met anyone who has actually worn one out. I've been shooting mine since 1984 and the only issue I've had is the ejector extension breaking off. As welderman noted above, the gun still works fine without it. I shot mine without the extension for over 10 years before I finally spent the $20 at Brownells to buy a new one.

Len in PHoenix

10. plumbguncrazy

plumbguncrazy TS Member

brownings locking lug doesn't wear out , it wears in!!!!!

11. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

I have a 1971 model, don't know how many rounds have went up the spout, had it rebuilt last year. 35 years ain't bad...........Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 trap characteristics

lifespan of a bt99