1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rg ltx, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rg ltx

rg ltx TS Member

Eye Candy:

[​IMG]

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

BEAUTIFUL GUN !!!!!

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's just a tool, No different than a screwdriver. The only thing that counts is the bird breaking 1 straight, every time you pull or release the trigger.

4. trap906

trap906 Member

guns, screwdrivers, women,,, who wants to screw with a ugly one?..lol

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I agree 100%. But everyone's taste is different. I occasionally shoot a mid 70s BT99 Pigeon with the deep relief engraving - my "pimp" gun.

Jay

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well that's a hell of an improvement. Looks a lot better without that big hunk of silver receiver.

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Why are we looking at pictures of pictures of guns? Here is a nice hunting rifle.
    [​IMG]

8. trap906

trap906 Member

I saw a junior shooter using a old stevens 5100 sbs with the original tenite stock {I always thought those were cool} couple weeks ago at a registered shoot. His mom told me she tried to but him a new gun to start shooting with. but he said no, his old huntin gun shot just fine. great kid, and a pretty fair shot too..

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Yes, guns are just the tool we use to accomplish our task.
    But.....I like good-looking tools as much as the next guy, maybe more.
    If I have a choice between an attractive functional tool and an un-attractive functional tool, I know which I'll own.

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I once kind of said the same kind of thing about ugly women but then I realized all my friends were going home dreaming of what they tried to have and what they spent a bunch of money trying to get and I was waking up in the morning having a nice breakfast made for me after a night of fun and very little money spent cause she liked they liked the attention so much there was not to much alcohol that was needed to be used ... so ... life can be great with something that others might consider ugly.

Now if I had only followed that each and every time. BTW you do know you can make ugly look good for not as much $$$ as starting out looking fantastic.

11. shot410ga

You may be able to afford the most costly gun in the world, and gain that admiring look or comment when you walk into a club. But if your shooting sucks. Everyone will know in the first 50 or 100 birds, and there goes any respect for you and your expensive gun. Trap shooting is the great equalizer. It cares not what you shoot, what you drive, where you live, or how much income you have. The game and the shooters only care about your score.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

My idea. First find a gun you can shoot well. Then get it as attractive as possible within your personal money limitations and the limitations of the gun. And, what one person considers attractive may not be attractive to others.

My K-80 with a PFS and forearm painted a deep marbled red gets a wide variety of comments about its aesthetic appeal.

Pat Ireland

13. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

I gotta be honest guys. That would not be the first gun i would grab for in the rack. Its not my cup of tea. I love a nice looking gun more than anyone. I shoot what i like, not what everyone else thinks you should shoot. My buddy shoots a k gun and i shoot a model 12. He shot a model 12 next to me for years and now busts my chops about getting a really good gun. I always ask him the question....... What is a really good gun, a high price tag?

14. coloradoEMT911

coloradoEMT911 Member

I will have to say that those are beautiful and I would be very prowd to own them but I am a firm beliver that a gun must fit well and shoot good on the trap field to be work any amount of money to me,same goes form my hunting rifles I have even spray painted a 8,000 dollar Jarrett Rifle with non glare spray paint so that the sin glare off any part will not scare off game, but to each there own and I would be the first one to compliment someone for a good looking gun

RJ

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Splitter want to sell that "Pimp Gun"? Mike

16. M-16

M-16 TS Member

If your looking for a sponser then look good on the range, but when a plain Jane gun beats them it sure makes those high dollar gun people look bad. Great injoyment beating a dollar with a nickel. Shoot what you like

17. shot410ga

Pat Ireland: I painted my Mono with a PFS, Pearl Lime Green (23 coats) what an eye catcher, and I sure can find it on the gun rack. I've had shooters walk all the way from the rifle and pistol area to check it out.

18. laura!

laura! Member

If shootin a pretty gun would give me better scores I'd paint flowers and baby bunnies on mine LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.