1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Life Membership information Edited 8/31/2004

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

The August 2004 Executive meeting concerning Life Memberships beginning 1924,1933,1947,1955,1964,1975,1982,1995,2003,

Please go to SHOOTATA.COM go to HOME and then ABOUT ATA then go to ATA MINUTES
    Then go to AUGUST 2004 Exec utive Meeting.

Then go to PAGE #9 and read lines 543 through roughly 653.

This is what took place and it did not happen in 1955.

This is for all Life Member and Annual Members for yout information

Brad Dysinger

Dave Berlet

This is what I found after talking to Connie Collier and she is sending me more information as she finds it.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot
  2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

870 I told you it did not happen in 1955.

It happened in August 2004 edited 8/31/2004

This will clarify what happened, and I need to read it completely myself and study it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  3. smsnyder

smsnyder Active Member

What ever happened to life members who owned a share of the ATA?
  4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

Earl, would you like to buy mine?
  5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Looks like to me the EC had the right to make decisions about land deals when the ATA was first incorporated back in 1923. We need to see the original articles of incorporation as filed in the State of Delaware.

In the meantime, in the minutes of February 15, 2006, page 3, the ATA is described with an affirmation as, "the Delaware non-stock corporation." That is important language there. If the ATA's articles of incorporation in 1923 says it is a non-stock corporation, there is no powers or interest granted to the members.

Any life member certificates, no matter how they were written, cannot over-ride or supersede the articles of incorporation or the tax code covering 501c tax exempt organizations.

It would appear the minutes mentioned by Dr. Longshot, deal with clearing up any erroneous certificates that were contrary to articles of incorporation.
  6. Rick Barker

Here is a link the articles of incorporation for the Ohio Trapshooting organization, along with some excerpts. I would suspect the ATA's are pretty much the same.

ARTICLE VII BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND DELEGATES

The management of all affairs of the Association is vested in a Board of Directors composed of nine members. A majority of such Board present at any meeting shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business of the Board of Directors.

ARTICLE XIII LIQUIDATION

In the event of liquidation of the Association corporation, all of it’s remaining assets, after payment or provision for all liabilities, shall be distributed to or for the benefit of one or more organizations described in section 501 (c) of the Internal Revenue Code, and as amended, organized and operated for the purposes of similar to or in conformance with those of the Association, as determined by the Board of Directors.
  7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I bet the folks at the ATA just love you Dr.Longsh*t. I am sure they have nothing better to do than to screw around with your stupid constant good for nothing rants and Conspiracy theory investigations. You hardly shoot any registered targets to speak of and don't go to the Grand. Sheessh dude, get a hobby or something to occupy your mind. Go shoot some more and quit worrying so damn much about nothing.
  8. 870

870 Active Member

LS:

Get back to us after you "study" this stuff. You act like you found something new here. Everything you will read there is going to agree with what I've repeatedly told you on these threads and in PM's.

It is also apparant that my fear that you would not have any idea of what you are reading has also come true. Yet you spout off conclusions before you even "study" this info that many have been aware of for years.

Maybe someday you will comprehend there is a difference between organizing documents such as bylaws and articles of incorporation, compared to a certificate of membership.

IF after your study, you come to some conclusion other than the voting rights were taken away in Sept. of 1955, and the liquidation statements on the certificates were in conflict with the bylaws decades ago, then lets discuss further.
  9. 870

870 Active Member

LS:

Get back to us after you "study" this stuff. You act like you found something new here. Everything you will read there is going to agree with what I've repeatedly told you on these threads and in PM's.

It is also apparant that my fear that you would not have any idea of what you are reading has also come true. Yet you spout off conclusions before you even "study" this info that many have been aware of for years.

Maybe someday you will comprehend there is a difference between organizing documents such as bylaws and articles of incorporation, compared to a certificate of membership.

IF after your study, you come to some conclusion other than the voting rights were taken away in Sept. of 1955, and the liquidation statements on the certificates were in conflict with the bylaws decades ago, then lets discuss further.
  10. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Active Member

WELLLLLLLLLLL THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Dr longblow. Whewwwwww now I can finally sleep knowing you are on top of things. A much needed rest for me now. I cant thank you enough.
  11. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Interesting that the ATA wanted the new memberships to reflect a change as of 2004.

The secretary did note that there could be a legal challenge in the future to property sales. I am not an expert but I would think the secretary consulted legal council on the issue.

Maybe the Dr has a point here. This is from the ATA site. You cant say the ATA is credible and not accept their own minutes and conclusions.

Also notable is Mr. Winston being part of the motion. I would assume he could tell us if the ATA went blindly into this change. My bet is they had more than enough council and knew it was necessary to make this change at the time.

What would cause them to make such a change or at least revisit the possibility of future lawsuits about selling property?

Oh yeah....they transferred assets to another entity and sold property.

Tricky
  12. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Grn probably read about this 30 years ago....lmfao

(still laughing)
  13. 870

870 Active Member

Joe:

Just to make it clear, the secretary did not note any concern at all over property sales. Actually, it couldn't be clearer that the life members had no control over property sales.

The only thing close to a concern, stated as "legally weak" was that even though the error in the certificate wording about liquidation had conflicted with the bylaws for years, members might still claim there was a contract. Again, this would only be possible in event of a liquidation. Sale of property does not mean there is a liquidation.
  14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

in this day of litigation, it's not uncommon for an audit to propose changes to better align with current legal positions.
  15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

On a side note, did any of you guys see "nameismud" in his new show??
    grntitan_2009_2503241.jpg

LMAO

(still laughing)
  16. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

'legally non-existent' is correct; 'frivolous' is more correct; 'nonsensical' is the most correct.

'legally weak' is a diplomatic gesture of charity that encompasses the above.

LongShorts, Brad, Dave.B, etc ... here's the test ... whatever you think, or heard, or believed someone who was told by a FOAF who slept in a Holiday Inn next to a city court building one time ...:

if your LM was conveyable, attachable, pledgeable (all are terms of art), stick it in your will ... you had a property interest.

If you could do none of those (and you couldn't), what you had was a claim to the privileges and immunities given you by the by-laws and applicable Commercial statutes.

Life members issued prior to 1955 had a conditional future claim upon a share of remaining liquidated assets post-dissolution. Prior to 1955, whether LM had any kind of say-so on a dissolution motion, is a little more ambiguous, however, since the ATA was NOT dissolved prior to the charter and by-laws being amended in 1955, any (possible) prior claim is moot.

Memberships in any org are ALWAYS a 'Contract of Adhesion': another terms of art meaning like your car insurance, or credit card, or telephone service ... you have a choice to accept or not; you don't have a choice to accept some terms and reject others.

(joe, if any of these words are too big for you, ask some jnr high kid.)

Bob
  17. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

There obviously was a fear of litigation over the issue as the secretary mentioned the possibility. (weak or not) I have to assume the secretary felt legally obligated to at least cover some ass. The secretary was giving a heads-up. Following that statement the recommendation was made based the assertion that there was a possibility of that litigation.

Also, I have to assume the minutes may have been selectively edited since the more inquisitive members would have access to the information. The minutes are part of member/public relations, or they should be.

I doubt anyone can deny that this group knew or planned to sell and liquidate assets of the corp in the future.

You don't need a time machine to figure that out. jmho
  18. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

joe you are free to ass-u-me anything you choose, but on the blue planet with the yellow sun, detailing all the possible good and bad points of a decision is NOT expressing a fear - it is called doing your job ... sheesh

ass-u-me ... minutes have been doctored, too. Is that projection, perhaps? Since that's what joe would do ... then everybody else would surely do it, too ...

Why joe, yes, yes you are an ass.

Go cuddle LongShorts, or something.
  19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I called Connie Collier and she gave me this information to find the Life Member action.

I posted it in good faith so all of us could read and know what happened.

Grntitan are you a life member? If not bow out.

I find the information and post what I found and look how many jump on my Ass!

I have been jumped on before so have a nice ride. Put up some money on the Longshot/BIGDON Challenge.

Jeesh why can't you fellows just read the minutes.

I think the Life Members had a Dog in This Fight/ You non-lifers had nothing but BS.

Wait till the IRS takes away some of your deductions and see how it feels.

I am off to buy another Large Jar of Vaseline I have HEMROIDS.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  20. Rick Barker

DLS

I am lifemember.

I ask all others to identify yourselves as same or not.

If you are a lifer, please send DLS a jar of Vasoline, of KY, please.

Non lifers, perhaps you would like to send the good doctor some sandpaper and rubber bands for his anal condition

Those of you who feel remorse for your piling on, should send a care package with all of the above, plus some condoms.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.