1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Life Member Certificate Wording

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

speaking of Dayton Grounds.

The purchase thereof shall be members of this association during the life of such purchaser. That the property of the association at Dayton, Ohio including grounds, buildings,and equipment, shall not be sold, transferred,assigned,or otherwise disposed of except for renewals, improvements etc.by the Amateur Trapshooting Association except on consent of a majority of such life members
    in case of sale, transfer,or assignmentor other disposition of such property such consignment shall be conclusively shown by a proper certificate signed by thye president and secretary of the association which certificateshall show the approximate numbers of life members that a vote by mail or otherwise has been taken on the proposition submitted and shall give the approximate number of member affirmative votes. That only in case such certificate shall show a majority of all such life members as voiting in the affirmative shall the sale,
    assignment,transfer, or other disposition of property at Dayton, Ohio be valid.

I will post the complete Life Membership that shows all wording in detail.

Gary Bryant
  2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

speaking of Dayton Grounds.

The purchase thereof shall be members of this association during the life of such purchaser. That the property of the association at Dayton, Ohio including grounds, buildings,and equipment, shall not be sold, transferred,assigned,or otherwise disposed of except for renewals, improvements etc.by the Amateur Trapshooting Association except on consent of a majority of such life members
    in case of sale, transfer,or assignmentor other disposition of such property such consignment shall be conclusively shown by a proper certificate signed by thye president and secretary of the association which certificateshall show the approximate numbers of life members that a vote by mail or otherwise has been taken on the proposition submitted and shall give the approximate number of member affirmative votes. That only in case such certificate shall show a majority of all such life members as voiting in the affirmative shall the sale,
    assignment,transfer, or other disposition of property at Dayton, Ohio be valid.

I will post the complete Life Membership that shows all wording in detail.

Gary Bryant
  3. running bear

running bear Member

Dr. Longshot,

you keep beating a dead horse.

Buck
  4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Active Member

Dr. Longshot -

What do you expect to happen by posting this information on this site? Do you expect that the ATA or others reading information will take steps to satisfy whatever claim it is you believe you have.

It seem clear to me . . . if you feel you have been wronged/monitarily damanged then you should hire a lawyer, file a lawsuit, and if you are right you will be compensated for your loss.

Anything other than that is not going to get you anywhere. If you are so sure, then do us all a favor and pursue your legal remedy, then start a thread on this site to let us know how it goes. If you are not willing to do that, then consider keeping this information to yourself.

Scott
  5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

It must be too hard for a person to just pass over a thread and not read it. But is more fun to open and read it, knowing that way they will have something to fuss about to the original poster.

GneJ
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

hippie,

You are so right as I have failed to skip over DLS posts in the past and just had to post. Dammit, I'm doing it again. :)

Great post Scott Calhoun. Time for Gary to put his money where his mouth is.
  7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Like Black Holes, they just suck you in.
  8. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

I am not a life member but I would think this would be interesting to all life members. If these were the terms I understood and written by the ATA before buying a life membership I would be more than a little ticked.

I fail to see why those that aren't life members are so threatened by them discussing this.

They can scroll down and go to another thread.
  9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm a life member, and his postings don't amount to shit.
  11. running bear

running bear Member

nameisjoe,

If you are not a life member, why are you posting? I have been a life member since 1967. It cost $150 then. What do you think you should get for this kind of money.

Buck
  12. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

I would want whatever the agreement was. If the agreement was that I got to vote on the sale of the property then I want to vote.

But I didn't enter into the agreement. I don't have a certificate to show what that agreement was.

I find it interesting. I also don't have a dog in the fight.

Obviously some people wanted to dispose of the property without a vote.
  13. 870

870 Active Member

The problem is LS has had all this explained to him, and he has had the chance to read the explanations of what really happened. I can only guess that the problem is LS simply skips over things he doesn't understand, simply ignoring them. Of course, that leaves a lot of information as being ignored.

He doesn't even post what the cert says very accurately. First, he left out the "... Life Member of the ATA, under and subject to the by-laws of the Association" part. To paraphrase, the original certificates also said that the ATA acquisition of its property and improvements would not have been possible without the sale of the life certificates to the ORIGINAL (my emphasis) members. There were also deed restrictions on the property. What he doesn't tell you is that the deed restrictions and debt to the original life members were satisfied in 1930. The restrictions were there to protect the life members investment, which was paid off or satisfied by 1930, and the restrictions were released at that time.
  14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have been a Life Member since 1975, cost then was $50.00 but that was a lot of money back then ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  15. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Oh NO! I bet that nobody knew what the exact wording was till now. Ok, repour the traphouses and walkways and put all the buildings back up...
  16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I have Life Membership certificates #2210 & #2558 Issued 4/4/1940 and 5/16/ 1946 (my dad's and mine). Both have similar text but slightly different fonts.

Neither has any reference to "ORIGINAL" members and no reference to any deed or mortgage.

The text is as posted by Gary Bryant.

Keith Miles
  17. 870

870 Active Member

Keith, I made it clear I was paraphrasing. The wording on the original certificates includes more than LS posted. So does yours. The reference to "acquisition of the grounds being possible only through Life members" (again paraphrasing) obviously refers to the original life members since they were the only ones there when the property was acquired and that wording was instituted in the 1920's.

I never said the deed was mentioned on the certificates, just that it was the reason the Board adopted the provision that the grounds couldn't be sold w/o member votes, which is referenced on the original certificates. Unfortunately, the certificates were never changed when those legal restrictions on the grounds were released.
  18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

870, instead of telling these guys what was done and when, tell them where they too can find the same information as you obviously did?

Hap
  19. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

running bear says, I have been a live member since 1967. It cost $150 then."

WPT states, "I have been a Life Member since 1975, cost then was $50"

Hell at that rate of depreciation they should be free now.

GneJ
  20. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

LOL, Life memberships were back up to $150 in 1983.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.