1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Life in the Far North

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Just thought I'd let some of you guys in the lower 48 know whats happening up here in Point Hope,Alaska. Ain't filled my Polar Bear tag yet, so we are going way out on the ice tomorrow to try again. Its so dam cold, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. My Eskimoe guide is in the next room drunker than a walrus and I'm in bed trying to keep his beautiful daughter from catching cold. A muskox pushed the outhouse over last night and ain't no where to go cepting in the stove. We got to do something quick. All the sled dogs is froze on point, and if that warnt enough, my cell phone froze to. Wouldn't do no good no way....911 is 300 miles away! Well, I got to go now, she's tickling my left ear....duty calls! I tried to keep this short, but couldn't!Waguahuwannochin...........that's Eskimoe for Merry Christmas.

2. BMC

BMC Member

So the 20 million dollar question is.....just how much does it take to get a walrus drunk?

3. incognito

incognito TS Member

I think someone is as full of crap as the pit where the outhouse used to be.

4. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

I think it is a Walter Mitty thing.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

The question is............Do you use 7 1/2's or 8's for that Polar Bear?

Hauxfan!

6. BMC

BMC Member

No Haux, I'd say he'd probably have to consider whether to use the promo shells or the premium ones to insure they would go off in the cold. Maybe the drunk walrus can offer a suggestion..lol

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I know there's a few Eskimos in Colo. but haven't heard of any Polar Bears runnin loose there, unless one escaped from the zoo? :) Hap

8. gusto777

gusto777 Member

I thought all the Polar Bears were extinct due to Global Warming.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A friend of mine Took a polar bear hunt a few years ago. It was not a hunt for the meek, They went back in deep, caught some weather and froze every night, Said he woke up with his beard froze solid every morning as that was the only part exposed from his mummy style bed roll. The Eskimo guide and he broke the track on the snowsled out in the middle of nowhere. The guide shot a Caribu and pulled some sinew from the animal and sewed the track back together with a bone needle, it held as they limped in on low throttle. He did get a huge bear and that's a whole other story...

10. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**The question is............Do you use 7 1/2's or 8's for that Polar Bear?**

Either will work, 7.5 or 8mm.

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

No phone but he has internet?

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Ace has always been a blowhard.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bob.....You know what they say! Once you get pass the smell, you got it licked!

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like Piddie...

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Bob, You are mistaken, there is a lotto for Polar bear, a friend of mine took one 3 years ago and he is white as the driven snow. Cost him almost 50,000 with taxidermy and all expences. It is proudly displayed in his game room with about 50 other exotics from around the world.

16. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

So then one day the Eskimo hunter headed out onto the ice to hunt, riding his snow mobile. Well he had trouble with the machine and nursed it back into town to the mechanic. The mechanic removed the cover and proclaimed" it looks like you have blown a seal"! The Eskimo replied no, "it is just ice in my beard"!!!!!

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Thats very good Bill! With a bit more practice, you'll be as bad as me! Keep on truckin!

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I know the feeling. Happy Holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.