1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Life at the Silver Dollar?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Blue, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

Sam, look at the east coast of Fl. Palm Coast/Flagler/Daytona area. We have great beaches, the "loop" (a beautiful drive in the tidewaters)." Fishing, biking, and a housing market with great pricing (low). The best part is our gun club. Visit us at Flagler Gun Club. com. Trap, (5 fields), skeet (3 fields), pistol, action pistol, small bore & pistol metal target range up to 200 yds.rifle up to 200 yds, 5 stand and a 40 acre sporting clays coarse. This is a member owned club. Join and you get a key....The place is yours.....Jack Krouskroup ATA/FTA gun club rep. (not a member of the Chamber of Commerce) but I guess I sound like it. I can hook you up with one of our members who owns "Atlantic Realty" in Palm Coast. Give us a Look, you won't be sorry. My cell # 954-494-0967 call if you'd like to visit us.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

A strong plus about Silver Dollar is that you can walk, or take a short golf cart ride to the gun club. Silver $ has around 200 registered shoots each year. And, the Alligators always have a smile on their face. Houses are cheap but there is a steep maintenance fee.

Pat Ireland

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

aa27zz- Food around the area may be the best in the world. Check with me at the Dixie. I will be helping with classification.

Pat Ireland

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Food: Slide over to Tarpon Springs if you like Greek food. Some good places there. I've been looking in the Spring Hill area for a home for about a year. There are some good buys. Bulge.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I would Fallow P3at advice he should be called Lucky 10K for the house but he had to remove the dead bodies himself part of the closing agreement also won the18k Krieghoff for 75.00 and complained about paying the tax. Plus he also suplaments his income playing Ukar professionaly at the $ I'm not sure if he is here to avoid MI winters or is in the whitness protection program.

6. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good Post
    I also am interested in property in Florida near a gun club
    I would like to get out of the cold and do some winter shooting and maybe some day retire down there
    My problem is this
    I was told that the Dollar is going to go up on lot rents 7% per year
    So someone that wants to buy at a deal and then pay for the lot rent when not there it all seems very steep to me
    Is there a cheaper way to do this?

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Here is the website for Silver Dollar. http://silverdollartrap.com/

jsa3107,

You get a lot for your money at Silver Dollar. You can walk to the clubhouse on either side and enjoy people who like the same things you do shooting and golf. You can do it cheaper ... but the convenience is awesome. No driving in Florida traffic is reason enough!

Bob Schultz

8. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We don't own a place at the Dollar, but do camp there for several weeks every winter. You won't find better neighbors anywhere...when we are there, security is one of the things I feel good about. You just don't see anyone "cruising" through the neighborhood that doesn't belong. Being a small place, you quickly learn who should be there, and who is a stranger. We left our camper on the grounds last fall and never felt nervous about anything. Can't wait to leave the snow and get there in a few days.

9. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

Bear in mind and take note, at the Dollar, you do not own the property!
    There is a monthly fee which depends on size and location of unit. These fees
    are stiff my most standards. And they are on the increase. Due Diligence is
    required prior to a purchase.

Gunnerx

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Like most manufactured home communities, you don't own the property. Depending on the size of the lot it cost you from $4000 to $7000 per year for rent. This includes water and sewer, public grounds maintenance, Swimming pool, Club house priveledges along with discounted golf rates.

Bob

11. DFoster

DFoster Member

aa27zz, I just wanted to let you know from a owner(renter) stand point.
    Jim and I have had our place for 9 years and LOVE IT!!! We have a nice single wide on the golf side on the lake, (it just so happens it is also for sale). So we can purchase a larger unit at the Dollar. As I said we are on the lake with a large florida room on the back that looks out over the lake and a nice dock. We pay 405.00 per month lot rent and the prices vary according to where you are at, they say we pay a premium for being on the lake. I am not aware of too many places in florida where you can stay for that price. Also the people of the dollar are family, just let something happen to someone and you will see this, everyone is there to help or do what ever needs to be done. To me that is worth a lot.
    Just wanted to post a positive thing about the dollar all you read is about the icreases and to be careful, I say Welcome to the Dollar, you will be pleasantly supprised.
    Jim and Diane Foster

12. Jolene

Jolene TS Member

We are in our 11 winter here at the Dollar and would not want to be anywhere else. For 9 years we lived in our motor home, but 2 years ago we bought a double wide and couldn't be happier. Yes the rent is a little steep, but we would not want to be anywhere else. Clayton and I both work at the gun club and I also play golf. The people here are the best. If you buy a place here I doubt that you will be disappointed. Pat Dill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.