1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdogs, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If the present course of petroleum-based energy price increases continues, it will likely mean dramatic, world-wide changes in virtually every aspect of human life. It is not only gasoline prices which will make EVERYTHING much more expensive but the trickle down will involve food production and prices, leading to areas of famine and even war. I know this sounds alarmist but I am sure that every one of you can work out this scenario in your own mind.

How did we get here? How do we get out of it? The "environmentalists" have put us here and it will take a long time to extricate ourselves both from their grasp and from the situation they created. Becasue of the time it will take to correct this situation, be prepared for a long period of terrible condition.

First, we need to work up the guts to tell the wackoes that we are going to do whatever we have to to return to prosperity and a time when there was enough to eat for all the people of the world. We must then start the process of drilling for our own oil, building refineries and constructing nuclear power plants.

Last night on Hannity and Colmes, Alan Colmes had the audacity to say, "Oil is not the answer". A liberal friens of my wife said the exact same thing just 2 days prior. They already have their talking points and are resisting action to address this crisis. When they are hungry, can't drive to work, can't heat or cool thier homes and see thousands starving on television during the 2 hours a night that they have electricity, let's see what they say then.

But we can't wait until they drive us so far down that it will take decades to recover. We need to act now. Who has the stomach for the fight and how do we make known the will of the majority?

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If the present course of petroleum-based energy price increases continues, it will likely mean dramatic, world-wide changes in virtually every aspect of human life. It is not only gasoline prices which will make EVERYTHING much more expensive but the trickle down will involve food production and prices, leading to areas of famine and even war. I know this sounds alarmist but I am sure that every one of you can work out this scenario in your own mind.

How did we get here? How do we get out of it? The "environmentalists" have put us here and it will take a long time to extricate ourselves both from their grasp and from the situation they created. Becasue of the time it will take to correct this situation, be prepared for a long period of terrible condition.

First, we need to work up the guts to tell the wackoes that we are going to do whatever we have to to return to prosperity and a time when there was enough to eat for all the people of the world. We must then start the process of drilling for our own oil, building refineries and constructing nuclear power plants.

Last night on Hannity and Colmes, Alan Colmes had the audacity to say, "Oil is not the answer". A liberal friens of my wife said the exact same thing just 2 days prior. They already have their talking points and are resisting action to address this crisis. When they are hungry, can't drive to work, can't heat or cool thier homes and see thousands starving on television during the 2 hours a night that they have electricity, let's see what they say then.

But we can't wait until they drive us so far down that it will take decades to recover. We need to act now. Who has the stomach for the fight and how do we make known the will of the majority?

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

When things get dire enough there will be change. In fact there will be change anyway. I can remember thinking how horrible things were in the 70's with the gas shortages and 18% interest having two small kids that were facing impending doom. Back then we had an ice age coming to worry about don't forget. Then we survived that along with the depleted ozone layer. I quit worrying about all that crap and will adapt to what comes.

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Tripod,

People can't adapt to starvation! Food will become more scarce and thus more expensive as more farmers switch to growing corn for ethanol.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

The root word of conservative is "conserve."

We could all do a little of that, don't you think?

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

timb99 - Yes, BUT, how about our government(s) conserving? You and I are probably already conserving as best we can, but I question what the hell there're doing, from the top down. GWB speaks in about 30 mikes from now. I wonder what pearls of wisdom he'll have to impart. Maybe more suggestions as to how we can do even more to save.

Growing corn for ethanol was one of the worst decisions we've made. And as the percentage of the blend goes up, our fuel economy goes down. So we lose twice...at the pump...and at the pump. Something is going to happen with that. But it won't be as a result of our government(s) waking up and realizing that we are in a GD recession. Something else is going to happen, led by the citizens of this country, not the hierarchy, and it may not be pretty when it does. Crime is already on the rise.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Growing corn for ethanol was one of the worst decisions we've made."

Amen to that. Even my Uber-liberal brother agrees. Why don't our representatives in Washington get it?

"You and I are probably already conserving as best we can"

I don't know about that. When 75% of the cars I see on the road going to work have only one person in them, and are huge, hulking SUV's, franbkly, I don't think we're doing that much. I'm looking into carpooling, myself. Maybe even just one or two days a week.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The President just concluded his press conference and hit all the right notes. That being said, it will take years for ANWR to come on line (if it is ever approved). In the interim, things will get grim indeed. Gas prices will soar and drag EVERYTHING along with them. You WILL see food shortages (and much higher food prices) and even famines in parts of the world. The stage is set for a global catastrophe. I pray it can be avoided.

On another note the President was asked about the refusal of Congress to renew FISA. The real reason that that has not been done is that the President insists on immunity for communication companies. The Democrat-controlled Congress will not allow that out of deference to the Trial Lawyers who are their largest contributors.

9. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Based on the profits posted by big oil, it seems to me that the only thing that has increased is their margins. I haven't increased the amount of fuel I purchase, I'm buying the same amount as before. I'm paying more for it but the price of oil has risen. If oil company margins have not increased how can they be making these huge profits?

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Heres one,,

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Heres some more,,all between now and 2012,,who knows???? I don't,, The last one is real interesting, could it happen??

Volcanic Eruptions, Earthquakes, Floods, Droughts
    (Century IV, Quatrain 67)

A very bright, previously unknown comet will appear and coincide with the time of great geological troubles, with earthquakes and volcanoes erupting and disrupting weather systems. This will cause widespread famines, droughts, and social upheavals in unexpected places. Nations that are considered prosperous and powerful, particularly western nations, will be weakened. They will be torn with civil strife and rioting as people migrate to areas that have water and can support crop-growing. The social upheaval and weakening of political structures will help the Antichrist come to power.

The United States in particular will be subject to serious natural disasters, particularly earthquakes and flooding, and flatten the nation from end to end, causing enormous conflict, despair, and misery. The US will be bankrupted attempting to deal with its disasters. Three other great nations will send aid to help the citizens survive.

(Century VIII, Quatrain 29)

Earth changes will take place that will help the Antichrist's drive for world conquest. In central Europe, southern Europe, and in the Middle East, around the eastern end of the Mediterranean, there will be severe floods. As a result of the disruption to local governments by the natural disasters, the Antichrist will move his troops in under the guise of helping the people restore civil order, but really use this as a device to take over countries, and to use the populations like slaves.

Serious economic problems will persist along with great social unrest, contributing to the ease with which the Antichrist can seize power. The frightened and hopeful populace will be vulnerable to his rhetoric. The Antichrist will use the disasters as opportunities to overthrow governments and sneak spies into a country. Martial law will be declared in many areas to stop rioting and looting. The Middle East, the source of his power, will not be as devastated as the rest of the world. He offers assistance to other countries trying to recover but he will eventually stab them in the back.

Earth abuse causes agricultural devastation in U.S. and Europe
    (Century II, Quatrain 95)

Man will upset the balance of the earth and cause great changes in the climate and seasons, causing much hardship and famine. Major agricultural lands producing a lot of grain and food for the world today will become frozen and will be unusable. The people who live on this land and grow the food will flee like rats leaving a sinking ship.

There will be dissension and fighting over the land. As a result of the panic, incompetent decisions are made by the people in power under enormous stress. Poor decisions will escalate into major disasters. The U.S. and the United Kingdom in particular will experience the dissension and destruction.

Antichrist's rise to power in Middle East

(Century II, Quatrains 23 and 81)

The Antichrist will take over Iran by using a human decoy to trick the Iranian Ayatollah in power. This will involve the "yes men" and puppets of the Ayatollah's court. The Antichrist will first drive away internal supporters of the Ayatollah by starting a civil war. Then he will put forth a man as a leader, a man for Iranians loyal to the Ayatollah to concentrate their hate on. The man will be assassinated while Iran is being taken over, and his opponents will think they have foiled the overthrow of power by assassinating him. But they will find out later he was merely a decoy and that they played into the plans of the Antichrist.

The Antichrist will initially obtain power in his own sphere, Asia, and the Middle East. As he grows out of this arena, and into Europe, the next step will be into the Mediterranean, his area of strength. Because of his Middle Eastern heritage he will have already united North Africans, who are sympathetic to his cultural background, with his Asian and Middle Eastern conglomerate.

Fiasco from communication breakdown between two superpowers

(Century II, Quatrains 35 and 48)

Through a mistake, a breakdown in communications between two powerful countries will occur. The situation is a lot more complex than will appear on the surface. The leader involved will feel great regret about what happened and will want to continue his career and help correct the situation, to help make up for the adverse affects.

But he will be hung, symbolically, by others wishing to take his position in the organization. He will be hung as far as politics and his career are concerned. It will almost be like committing suicide because in the end he will be a broken man. The entire event will be viewed as a fiasco from both sides. It will have very harmful and even cataclysmic consequences.

Antichrist profits from radar research in Europe
    (Century I, Quatrain 6)

Research on a more sophisticated type of radar and sensing devices will give greater information to the operator, i.e. an airplane pilot. But the first experiments with the technology will fail in a disastrous accident, when the vibrations emitted by the device cause the chassis of the plane to become weakened and dangerous. The scientists involved with the research will have to temporarily abandon the research because of diplomatic breakdowns, the threat of war, etc.

This will take place before the Antichrist comes to full power. It will happen in Europe at the time the Antichrist is strengthening his base of power in the Middle East. The devices are currently under development but have not been tested yet. But this is another historical event that will permit the Antichrist to take over Europe.

War game simulation by Britain in Europe leads to disaster
    (Century II, Quatrain 2)

In a war-game maneuver involving Great Britain and European troops a malfunctioning computer will cause the "real-world" situation to play out instead of the simulation. As a result of the error actual defenses will be activated and real bombs will be dropped on the areas of the game and cause a tragic international incident.

American Electoral College voting stalemate
    (Century VII, Quatrain 41)

The presidents of the United States, a supposedly free country, have been abusing their power to an increasingly greater extent. During a time of social unrest even more so than the period of Vietnam and Watergate, the Electoral College will be evenly split over the election of the new president. The process will stalemate, with many people clamoring for whichever candidate they voted for, causing enormous tension in the country. Internationally it will be a sensitive situation.

Because of the split, and the extremely volatile and explosive social unrest, putting either candidate in office instead of the other could start a civil war or a revolution. After a long time of impassioned speeches invoking patriotism and the founding fathers, a compromise solution of holding another election will be taken, and a candidate will be installed without disaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ah....3 Days of the Condor!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.