1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Licenses

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Dog license, hunting, drivers, barber, restaurant, motor vehicle repair....and the list goes on and on. WHY shouldn't politicians have to pay for a license in order to run for office?. This would have been an excellent Pork barrel item to tack on to the fiscal cliff bill. Lets start with local office and raise fees ..the higher the office the higher the fee. Every time you run for reelection you pay a higher fee. I'm thinking of Bloomburg. Whats this..his third term?
    C'mom Bloomy be a patriot...don't you love your country?...get your checkbook out. ed nichols P.S. might also solve term limit concerns

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Unfortunately, only a lawyer or Bloomberg-type rich guy could then afford to run for office, perpetuating the problem we have now - too many lawyers and millionairs in office and running (or is it "ruining"?) the country!

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

I really don't know of any lower income guys that are now holding office except maybe at the local levels but I could be wrong. Do you know of any? One other thing...with Bloomburgs constant lobbying for more gun control shouldn't he be required to register as a lobbiest? or do politicians get a pass on that? ed

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Most states have filing fees to run for public office. Is this not a defacto license?

5. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Great Idea Trapper, but they dont vote for their own taxes to go up. JUST OURS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.