1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Libya No Fly Zone

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hawk46, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

In the NATO vote to approve the no fly zone, both China and Russia were among the chicken s*#t countries who abstained.

I don't know why we even do business with these a*#holes.

Dave

2. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Just what's in it for us? We have a piss poor track record in that region and none of our investments seem to produce.....I say we stay out until they offer a good reason to get involved.

The Russians and the Chinese seem to have a better handle on what battles to fight.

The world does not want the US assuming police powers at will and where it chooses.

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Well 221, it's too late - we're in.

But thanks to Obama, who thinks like you, it might just be too late.

What's in it for us? How about helping the rebels defeat the Qadafi regime so that maybe the people of Iran might be encouraged to overthrow Whatshisminovich and his nuclear bomb building program? Think that might have any potential to improve world security from these insane terrorists? Yes, we could sit back and do nothing in all those countries, just like China and Russia, but that's not who we are as a country. We pay the price for the good of the rest of the world even though most don't give a rat's a*#.

Someone has to do it. We always have and, hopefully, always will, even though it seems hopeless at times. That's what makes us America. There's no other country I'd want to live in.

What's in it for you is pride and maybe a safer world for your children one day. You apparently don't see it.

4. 221

You can dream of pride all you want, our interference has caused nothing but turmoil.......taking this rebels side, that rebels side......hell where's Charlie Wilson when we need him.

Remember we took sadamns side look what it got us , we too the taliban side look what it got us, the shaw, the Mujahideen.....it never ends and our bank accounts are on empty....If you want to kick Some ass in lybia, buy a ticket and have at it........they have wasted enough of my tax money.

Any military man that thinks this big stick we're swinging around the world will abolish terrorism is living in a fantasy. My children are at higher risk because of it...........The terrorists of the world know we do not want to solve these problems ......were really just capitalizing on them ......just like the war on drugs and the Mexican fiasco.

We should dump this mess on the Brits as they were the ones that really opened the gates, after they robbed the middle east

Y'all realize we have been in Iraq for 20 yrs and all we have to show for it is dead bodies?????

We've been involved in Afghanistan for almost that long, the Russians for 10 and once again, ARE YOU PROUD??????????? Are your children safer?????????

WE EITHER DECLARE WAR ON LIBYA OR STAY HOME.

5. 221

BTW....you say its too late we're in........did congress authorize it or is 0 going to go on a 90 day pass?????..... and then come back and cry that we have to let him stay because it's too late to unf~~k the situation?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The One World folks will go along with the UN. After France whines we should do something, I wouldn't stir a finger until I see Mirage jets strafing Ka Daffy Duck's boyz.

HM

7. warren

warren Member

My question is why do we do business with Lybia. Occedential Pet. is big in Lybia and guess who owns a large stake in that Mr. Al Gore.

warren

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Oil, is the only reason. We don't get involved in all the blood shed in Africa and all the other places that hack each other up.

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

The vote was by the United Nations Security Council, not NATO. China and Rusia aren't part of NATO.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

mideast countries arn't going to listen to the US with a
    asshole who can't make a decession on whether to go to
    Rio or stay home and play BASKETBALL. Maybe go golfing. Send a woman as secetary of defence to do the heavy work. The Arab people are not going to listen to a woman. Its not part of their culture. Your not going to change that and they resent it when it is mentioned.
    Personaly I don't care gor Hillary in anyway but This lady would go for renvenge if she was ever elected as Presi. For being shuned by the leaders of the Arab nations she will use the military to blow them all to hell regardless of the use of lives no matter whos live they are.
    With this joke in office the rest of the world will never take the US serious. Hell even the americans don't take this misfit cabinet serious on any subject anymore. Would you ? Wild Bill

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Qadaffi declared a cease fire this morning.

12. hoot619

hoot619 Member

It took them long enough to make up their minds to vote on it. It seems that in a country trying trying to get rid of a oppressive leader it shouldn't have taken that long. At least the people are trying to do the right thing.

We have a great country but it seems no matter what party is in, they bend our constitution to serve their needs. If we ever try to change things would we get
    help. The United States is not like it used to be when our Country was young. In the last 50 years a lot has happened.

When a bill is finally passed in Congress a lot of junk gets attached. We need a
    hell of a big overhaul. If they can change our Constitution to help their special interest groups they sure as hell should be able to change stuff back to what it is suppose to be. That goes for probably a lot of the bill too. Ken U.Finnish Genius and this time I think I am one!!

13. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Gene, it was the UN, my error.

China and Russia did abstain from voting as did (surprisingly) Germany. My point here is that both countries are capable of doing so much to help the US counter world terrorism but, historically, do not. That's wrong.
    221, we can disagree on whether the US should be involved in the Middle East, but in my opinion, burying our heads in the sand and allowing countries like Iran to develop nuclear bombs is no solution. We, and our allies need to STAY involved there and with North Korea. Left to their own devices they intend to do all they can to kill us. Deny that if you wish.

If I were younger I'd have no problem carrying that "big stick" and kicking a*# (again). I'm no peacenik.

Dave

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Who are these Libyan rebels? Do we really know?? Our state dept and CIA should know but DO they? Are the rebels good Lybyans fighting for democracy and freedom from their brutal dictator? Or are they Al Quida & Muslum Brotherhood backed by Iran and out for "Jihad"?
    Heard on the news just last evening that the new "democratic" gov't that took over in Egypt after the ouster of Mubarak has let out of prison the brother of Iman Al Zwahyri, #2 leader of Al Quida.

I'm thinking maybe if France wants to finally get off their dead a$$ and fight for their own interests?........maybe we should let 'em?

John C. Saubak

15. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

Oil output is more secure with Gadhaffi in charge which is all I really care about. Stay the hell out of this hornet's nest.

It's going to take more than a no-fly to help the rebels, as they are going up against regular army and sounds like some good mercenaries. The will eventually be overrun.

I'm not for another undeclared war no matter what the situation.

Let Congress declare the next one per the Constitution.

16. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I thought the anti-war movement elected this guy?

USA Today
    Obama to Gadhafi: Comply with UN resolution or face military action

TNCoach

17. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Amazing that with all the conservatives on this site that I'm the only one in favor of the no fly zone. I will assume my place as the warmonger of TS.com, LOL.

Dave

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Well, Its seems like Germany is not backing the "USA again". How many of you still want to buy Krieghoff and Blaser shotguns, and BMW and the other German cars as well. Just some food for thought. I needed to vent abit. Break-em all. Jeff

19. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Jeff, I thought the same thing. They're obviously still mad at us over WWII.

France wouldn't be involved either if they weren't so oil-tied to Libya. Short memories in that country. If they ever need us again, I say screw em'.

20. 221

I think DARPA and the Machine need a place to test the X47.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.