1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Liberty gun safes at Lowes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lwr_, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Lowes now carries the Liberty line of safes. I have been looking to upgrade and decided on the Fatboy Jr. I like Liberty because they warranty their safes for life and will replace them free after break-in attempts and fire.

I went to Lowes to check out what they could order one for. Their price $1097; however, the sales lady told they would beat any competitors price by 10% and give me another 10% for my military discount. Well I found a competitors sale price on the internet for $999. So, Lowes took 10% off that price plus another 10% military discount. I got a Fatboy Jr that sells for $1399 on the Liberty site for $809 from Lowes. Liberty also has a rebate program going and I got a $25.00 check from Liberty yesterday. So ultimately, the final price was $784.19. Not bad for a Fatboy Jr that holds 48 plus guns.

I did pay Lowes for delivery and am glad I did. The Fatboy Jr weighs 750lbs. It took 4 of their strapping delivery boys to get it into the house. Make sure you tell the delivery boys that you own no guns and that your old worthless stamp collection will be going into the safe. You don’t want them coming back later to haul the safe back out of your house when you are gone. Also, make sure you tell the delivery manager to leave the safe crated until it arrives at your house. You want to be the only one that opens and has access to the envelope with the combo inside. If it looks tampered with, refuse delivery and have them order another one.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Take the time to bolt it down. Mine is on a slab. I put four 6" Redhead concrete bolts through the floor.

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

That is a good price. My dad has a fatboy jr and like every other safe, you aren't going to get 48 guns in there unless they are all saturday night specials.

Two guys delivered the safe. They had an awesome motorized dolly that made light work of that huge safe. You can get the electric rod that plugs in to the wall for it to keep it dry.

Nice safe for a great price. What website did you find them for 999. I may try this tactic.

Thanks

Nick

4. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Wow, I have no problem getting 48 plus long guns into this safe. Actually got 52 long guns and 4 pistols into it. Try alternating the guns with barrel up and barrel down. Makes room for more guns.

5. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Thats a great idea. Thanks

6. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

I have the FB 48 also. 2 guys moved it into my basement and told me NOT to call when I move. No way I can get 48 gun into the safe. Maybe all shotguns, but if you have a scope on, it takes more space. I do take the bolts out.

7. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Well, my 2 cents, a couple bucks is worth opening your home to "delivery boys" that obviously you didnt trust, the couple hundred bucks to me is dammm sure the peace of mind, but just my 2 cents
    I picked up my safe