1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Libertarians view of gay marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Libertarian view of gay rights and gay marriage is this. Libertarians view is that government has not business deciding anything about marriage. There should be no such thing as a government issued "Marriage Certificate".

They do acknowledge that with taxes, children care and child support, health care, and other issues there needs to be a mechanism for acknowledging spouses and unions. They propose that governments should not issue Marriage Licenses and Certificate but should issue instead certificates of civil union to all single adults that seek them.

Those wanting to get married can then go to their church, synagogue, temple, pastor, priest, iman, rabbi, or shaman and be married by the of rules that religion if they desire.

Likewise, individuals are free to hold their own beliefs about the desirability, normality, and acceptability of homosexual acts. Furthermore, it is not the role of government nor schools to promote homosexuality as normal or abnormal, nor that it is either an acceptable or unacceptable life-style.

If there was a real John Galt he would agree with that.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Muskrat410, What are the libertarians views on necrophilia, and bestiality?

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The difference between liberal trolls like Miss Poopey Panties Keet and Libertarians is that looney liberal leftist trolls are incapable of thinking for themselves while Libertarians can and do think for themselves. This is why looney leftists always say and think the exact thing and conservatives (incliding libertarians) have differing opinions. Too bad Keet isn't smart enough to understand that conservatives aren't necessarily libertarians, but that would be too much to expect from his ilk.

I am flattered, though, to have a nutcase like Keet stalking me electronically. OOPS I just fed a troll, my bad!

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Skeetie and his fellow low life communist trolls will be coming out in force with the 2012 elections.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I don't mean to offend anyone here at Trapshooters.Com but I feel compelled to again ask a question that I raised recently. At the time, I got several replies, but the answers left me as confused as I was before I asked the question. The Question:Why do queers want to get married?

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

For the same reasons non "Queers" want to get married.

Eric

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

MrSkeet simply posted the libertarian view on the role of government as it should pertain to marriage. He did not say he shared those beliefs or that he modeled his lifestyle around any other particular aganda.

What exactly are you guys feeling so threatened by?

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

How would you know if any of us feels threatened? Do you feel threatened by answering a simple question?

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Personally, I am for same sex marriages, really!!!!!
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '

I believe they oughta be just as miserable as we are. J/K

GneJ

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I think the answer to your question, WS-1, is that marriage will allow them to collect welfare.

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There are 3 John Galt names in Colorado. Do you want their phone numbers so you can call them and see if they agree with you about gay marriage?

I would assume they are real, since they are in the phone book.

Can anyone else out there supply info on "real" John Galt's for Ms. Keet?

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

John Galt, I don't understand how you can say they can collect welfare.

A homosexual or heterosexual could do that now regardless of marital status.

I presume that marriage between two homosexuals would allow them to claim marital status on a tax return for a higher standard deduction; allow one to be added to the other's health insurance, if only one has such benefits; and it would allow one to receive the other's social security benefits or possibly pension benefits in certain situations.

However, I don't see how welfare plays a role in your answer to WS-1's question. If I misunderstood your answer or statement, please explain.

By the way John G., I feel compelled to point this out. You said not to feed the trolls, but you are doing just that. You're not a politician are you?, . . . because politicians are good at saying something and telling others what to do and then doing the exact opposite. Wouldn't you agree that is somewhat hypocritical?

John E.

P.S. hippie, that statement has probably been said over a 1,000 times, but it is always funny and often true.

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Why, John E., you're not suggesting that I'M a troll, are you? :)

14. SeldomShoots

Not at all Kit. I was pointing out JG's response to mrskeet410. I typically learn something from your posts and I kind of like the seasoning you add to mix when stirring the pot, just a bit, that is, of course. :)

John E.

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Ah, my besmirched honor has been restored. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

16. SeldomShoots

Kit,

I would never intentionally besmirch your honor, as you sir, exhibit the qualities of a scholar and gentleman as well. However, the specious commentary scribed upon the threads of TS.com by Mr. Galt and Mr. Skeet is most ungentlemanly, somewhat disturbing, and leads one to question wether they are capable of exhibiting the conduct of a gentleman or scholar when engaged in a seemingly never-ending, "who's the troll", debate. hahaha!

John E.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

get a room you 2- LOL

18. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Quoth the bard, "All's well that ends well."

19. SeldomShoots

Why John Galt, I believe you have answered mrskeet's question from the earlier/deleted thread and subject matter of this thread, inadvertantly. I assume WS-1 is man, and I know I am a man, and yet you suggest we get a room. That goes against nature and appears to be a pro rather than con attitude toward that type of behavior. I am disappointed, because it seems that you have either taken a dive or simply lost your debate with mrskeet. Say it isn't so Joe . . . See what you get when you feed a stray troll. You think its friendly, but then it attacks, and thats why they call them animals.

hehehe

John E.

P.S. just how is it that you know that mrskeet has poopy panties? Inquiring minds want to know, but please, no details. There may be minors reading this.

hahahaha

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Why I saw it on the internet, of course, so it must be true! Seems like it was on youtube until it was removed for being inappropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.