1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Liberals NEVER learn....Catepillar may leave IL

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just keep raising taxes or COSTS and business will pack up and leave. Thank you Ill. We may get ANOTHER industry coming here....

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Cat only has 35% of it business in the US. The other 65% is overseas. Not that I'm saying nothing wrong with looking to move to another state. Heck Il is going to become a muslim state anyway so why not hurry and get the Hell out. The coruption in Il. is so rampant and seems the law has it hands tied with coruptionl also. Wild Bill

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder who most of the 23,000 Cat employees voted for? Dems or Republicans?

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Brian:

Cat's bargaining unit employees are almost all UAW. I can't say who the rank and file voted for but the UAW's political PAC is number 17 on the list of all time top donors. 98% of their contributions went to democrats, 2% to independents, and none to republicans.

The UAW's Gettelfinger endorsed Obummer on June 10, 2008. As you know, Obummer returned the favor for General Motors' UAW members in a 'cash for votes' payoff funded by taxpayers.

sissy

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Cat is trolling for special tax breaks from Illinois. They'll get them.

GE paid no US corporate taxes last year on $14 billion in world wide profit, $5.1 billion in USA.

It's called Crony capitalism. CEO Immelt is a serious Obama crony.

Read Stossel at the link above.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

But...But.....But.....We bailed them out, and the Anointed One himself made a lovely speech about all the jobs that were saved!

Hey Cat, Wisconsin is open for business.

HM

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Why should any company pay more than minimum wage if they don't have too?

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gettlefinger barred Marines deploying to combat parking oh fringe lots owned by the UAW and no longer used.

He made the decision himself

Gettlefingers reasoning was that they probably voted for Bush

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. cpd544

cpd544 Member

Cat has already moved two plants from Peoria to Oxford, Ms and another to West Plains, Mo (both right to work states).

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Unions are killing themselves by not stopping the temperory help. I know temperory workers that has been with the same company for 9 yrs no insurance, no vacations no holiday pay. They do get to work 12 hrs day for 7 days aweek though where the fulltime employees don't. Darn it. I'm not union don't want to be union if they can't figure things out for themselves. Hell the mob is as dumb as the fulltime workers. Ha ha ha ha.Wild Bill

11. bigdogtx

mrskeet410,,,,just so you are aware,,,,No corporations pay taxes,,,,they are paid by their customers....

but just keeping raising taxes instead of reducing spending and we won't have to worry about it....

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

cpd, your numbers are a little light.....Cat has opened over fifteen plants in right to work states since around 1990....two in Sumter, SC, one each in Sanford, Greenville, Carey, Clayton, Franklin, Morganton, Oxford, Corinth MS, Boonville, and West Plains MO, along with Danville, KY, LaGrange, GA, Dyersburg, TN, and another dozen or so I forget. Can't pay 25 bucks an hour for assemblers or machine operators.

Les Baer left IL for greener pastures (and less antigun opression) in Iowa. I wonder what keeps Rock River, Springfield, and a few others here.

I hope our three county governor gets his act together before all that is left are a few coal mines and wind farms.

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

May the Heavens Thunder, hail fall from the sky and we all miss 25 out of our next 100! Caterpiller who has a 2011 projected sales of 51.5 BILLION DOLLARS which is a 21% increase from 2010 doesn't want to pay an extra 5% tax! Hell yes this must be ALL the Liberals fault! Let's have the Illinois Government take back the tax increase requirement and put it on the shoulders of Middle Income Illinois tax payers! It's only right? WAKE UP AMERICA MIDDLE CLASS!

blade819

14. bigdogtx

blade,,,,why not REDUCE spending and then you get to KEEP Caterpillar and others in IL????

60 minutes just had a segment on this,,,,many companies have $1.7 TRILLION over in Ireland, Switzerland etc....if we keep punishing, more of this will happen,,,,what will this ultimately do to the U. S. ????

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Yes dog, I just watched that also....Our corporate tax is 35% and companies have over a TRILLION dollars overseas and won't bring it back till the rate is reduced.

Remember during the segment it was also stated the the rate was reduced a few years back but it DID NOT create jobs like it was supposed to.

Corporations = 1

USA workers = 0

Lets hope that something can be done soon or we are cooked.

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The old cry from Republicans for many years has been reduce taxes and create jobs. That is a falasy backed up by the OMB. When corporations like Bank of America pay ZERO income tax, well something is wrong at Blackrock. This has been the fleecing of America! Here we are Republicans blaming Liberals and vise versa while Corporate America is laughing all the way to the off-shore Banks! I read posts on this site and its let's blame the Liberals, blame the Unions, blame the Republicans. All of us are falling for the trap that Corporate America has set, both Democrats and Republicans! I'm alittle tired of it when I learn that I'm in a higher tax bracket than Warren and even Jimmy Buffet!

blade819

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

GE paid Zero tax on 5 billion profit, I guess they are not big enough for Obama to go after as he promised.

HM

18. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I live in IL and I hope they do leave! I hope that a lot of business do, I hope the IL economy gets worse, I hope the state goes bankrupt and I really hope all the damn liberal voters who keep voting for these stupid liberal politicians finally wake up and for a first time ever actually vote for people who are not all about what they can gain but what is best for IL residence. I hope the same applies to Obama and his group....I think the only way this country is going to finally get on track is to have much harder times than we have been having so people will finally wake up! Fingers crossed!

David

19. bigdogtx

Rick,,,,your answer is only HALF of the problem,,,,SPENDING is the other....

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Back to the subject title, What does Caterpillar make? Heavy equipment.

Who is mainly responsible for shutting down mining,logging and other jobs that require Heavy equipment? Eco-freaks and unions who support the democratic party!!

DO YOU have a clue now?

If sissy's figures are right, YOU Don't!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.